"I...I will not brided." I mumbled.

"...two cookies?"

Side-eyeing her, I casually place my paintbrush to the side, wiping my hands on an old washcloth before turning to her.

"Make it three and I'll grow the garden out for you."

"Deal!"

Handing me the cookies, she quickly took my hands and dragged me out of the attic just as Selene peaked her head out from the under the foyer.

"What are you doing up there?"

"I asked Scarlett if she wanted a cookie..."

With a strong pull, Gaia continued to drag me down the stairs and around the kitchen island to the side door before handing me another cookie and leading me against down the porch and over to the garden a few yards away.

"Here you go."

Setting me in front of the garden door, she cautiously took a few steps back, folding the cookie bag behind her back.

"Why are you standing back for?" I asked.

"...just a precaution. Go...grow."

Taking a deep breath, I stretched out my hands out and in front of the garden door, slowly feeling the wind start to push against me.

"Patientia Cum venit tempus, tempus venit cum patientia..."

Letting out the breath of air in my lungs, I opened my eyes gradually, peaking through my lashes as the garden which was once brittle and plain, overflowed with leafy greens, bright fruits, and tall voluptuous trees.

"Is that enough for you?" I whispered, looking over my shoulder at Gaia, who stood there with a full bag of cookies.

"Yes! Thank you! Enjoy!"

Running for the door, she tossed the cookies up in the air eager to start on the garden. Watching her as she started at the farthest corner, I munched on one of the cookies licking the tips of my fingers when suddenly I hear my name being whispered behind my ear.

'Lauren...'

Snapping my head behind me, I gazed around the empty property even at the porch to see no one. 

'Lauren...'

Anxiously, I held onto the ziplock bag taking a few steps forward to the porch stairs when the door slides open violently.

"Woah..."

Taking one last glimpse at Gaia, she was in her own little world as I trailed back into the house. With the kitchen still dark and the stovetop cold to the touch, I took one step up to the foyer only to hear something creaking in the distance. The echoing sound of a lightbulb flickering in the distance caused me to peek my head back into the kitchen. 

"What the hell? Hello?"

Staring down in the hallway, the door leading to the basement creaked over revealing the flickering light downstairs.

"...Selene?" I called out just as I made it to the edge of the kitchen counter.

"Hestia?"

Pulling myself passed the kitchen doorway, I slid my hand down the wooden railing when I suddenly feel a gush of wind push me inside, slamming the basement door shut.

"What th-, Hestia! Selene! Open up!" I yelled, banging on the door.

Shaking the doorknob back and forth, I pulled and pushed so much that the screw around the metal placed dislodge from the wood.