eight: everything.

EVEREST WALKED into the bowling alley and saw Stanley was surprisingly still here, picking up empty cans scattered all over the floor to throw them into a recycling bin. "Hey..." He said as he walked over and Stanley glanced up. "Hi." He says and Everest kneeled down, picking up some of the empty cans to help Stanley out.

Then when they were done, he sat down and looked over to him. "I feel like... things were a bit off today? Between us... And we tell each other everything." He said and Stanley came to sit with him, his back against Everest's. "Because when I saw you with that fucking hickey... I got jealous again." He said and Everest furrowed his brows.

"Again?" He said and Stanley sighed. "Syd... told me she kissed someone today, and it gave me a reality check. I'm being stupid." He said and Everest, still confused, turned to face him. "Reality check? Of what?" He said and Stanley turned to him. "Who was it? At the party?" He asked him.

"I-I don't even know, to be honest," he chuckled softly and looked away. "Everest?" Stanley said and the other looked to him. "I wanna show you something I was gonna tell you about this morning..." He said and Everest slowly nodded his head. "Um, sure?" He smiles.

"Is it something weird? Or something dumb? Because I can't waste my time right now, I have to get home by ten." Everest said as Stanley walked over to him. "Just trust me," then they left. Stanley drove his car and when they got there, he points to the clearing, trees were chopped down and such.

"Sy-Sydney did that..." He said and Everest furrows his brows, looking tonhis best friend. "Are... you sure that they just weren't chopped down?" He chuckled and Stanley sighs. "No, if you saw up close, you'd see they were clearly torn down rather than chopped." He said and hopped out.

Everest followed and saw what he meant, the boy holding up a flashlight before turning to Everest. "That's what I was gonna tell you... but then I saw your dumb hickey and I became jealous again." He looked away and Everest furrowed his eyebrows together. "Jealous... like of... whoever it was?" He said and Stanley looks up at him.

"Yeah..." He said and Everest looked away, glancing around the clearing. "Stanley? What does this mean? What do you mean Novak did this?" He asked and Stanley flailed his arms around. "I mean, she yelled fuck so loud and then, whoosh," he gestured with his hands to imitate it but Everest just winds up getting more confused.

"And just today, she nearly killed me with bowling balls while we were trying to test out her powers... When she told me she kissed someone else and I realized that—" "wait, hold on? Powers?" Everest asked, still confused as before.

"Yeah, powers. Anyway, what I realized was—" "you're telling me Sydney Novak... has superpowers?" He cut off Stanley once again who huffed and marched up to him. Everest was about to ask him something but then Stanley yanked him to him, and their lips connected.

Stanley then pulled away, staring into Everest's eyes for anything, any sign at all but Everest had his eyes closed with his eyebrows knit together, almost in thought. Then he opened his eyes to look at Stanley. "We-we should go... uh, it's probably almost ten." He whispered and Stanley nods.

The car ride home was quiet and when they got there, Stanley hopped out and looked to Everest. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and Everest nods. "G-Goodnight Stanny..." He walked over to his front door as Stanley walked to his.

In their own beds that night, Everest thought about Stanley's soft lips pressing against his and Stanley thought about how Everest didn't even kiss back or even react to their kiss.

It wasn't exactly... their first kiss.

When they were thirteen, they were being goofy when they got high together for the first time. "I think that when I first kiss a girl, I'll be such a good kisser, her panties will drop right on the spot right there." Everest had a wide grin and Stanley just laughed at that but then stopped suddenly.

"I-I wonder if I'll be bad at it..." He whispered and Everest giggled. "We can practice." He says and Stanley's face scrunched up. "On each other?" He said and Everest shrugs. "I was gonna say our hands but that's a better idea..." He leaned forward but Stanley stopped him with a hand to his chest. "Strictly professional and you won't fall in love with me, Lovejoy?" He asked, raising a brow.

"Yep! Promise," Everest said and leaped over, attaching his lips onto Stanley's. Stanley is taken back at first but kissed back with his hand to Everest's face before he pulled back, and Everest looked around the basement. "Man, it'd be so cool if I could live in the basement at my place..." He sighed softly.

But things were different now, they were no longer thirteen, they had fully gone through puberty and had feelings deep down in their hearts for one another they kept buried, hidden.

And Stanley hated that about them. He missed how it use to be, he wanted that along with everything else with Everest, the stupid hand holding, the random kisses of affection and dates that they'd go on every few weeks. He wanted that with Everest so bad and it hurt Everest didn't want it.

And yet for Everest, it wasn't like that. He just didn't wanna hurt Stanley, he needed to find out about this mysterious guy first and then that's when it happened. He got a text... from Bradley Lewis. He lifted up his phone with a confused look on his face and unlocked it to read the text.

If you tell anyone about what happened at Ricky's place, I will kill you with my bare hands. ESPECIALLY Dina... I heard you're getting to become close friends with her. If she finds out, I'll kill you.

Perfect... some asshole jock who's homophobic. Just the guy he would first want to try those kinds of things with! He felt dirty, like his mom told him he looked. Bradley Lewis' hands were all over him, as in all over... his crotch, his ass and sometimes his stomach underneath his shirt.

He felt sick.

authors note just because my oc "hooked up" with brad d o e s n o t mean i stan him! i stg i hate that mindblown mf 😳 but it is for the plot of this fic and the angst that comes with it