Chapter ten

(1307 words)

Chapter ten –

" I had just turned fifteen when it happened." I began, taking in a deep breath.

"There was a new report in the paper almost everyday. Seven young girls had already gone missing. Ciara's best friend had been one of them. Then the bodies started showing up.

All seven girls came back but not alive. Their bodies mutilated, and not a single soul knew why either. Parents started keeping their children locked up and packs surrounding us started helping patrol the borders." I could still remember Jessica's mother's sobs as she learned her fourteen year old daughter was not coming home.

Jessica had lived next door to us and we learned she had snuck out to go see a group of friends just outside the packs borders where some old cabins were. They used to party there. Everyone used to party there until the alpha ordered them to be burned down." I felt a knot forming in my throat.

"I had wanted to go out with my friends, but my father wouldn't allow me to. I was so angry. So I did something I had never done before. I snuck out and went to meet them. But I never made it there.

Someone had ran up behind me knocking me out. When I woke up I was tied to a table in some basement." I said with a shaky breath.

" His name was Wayne Smith. He had just come to our pack, but not to live out the rest of his life like most do. His mate, she was sick. She was human and had leukemia. She needed a bone marrow transplant but she had no living relatives and no children. And they really couldn't go to a hospital due to her being a wanted fugitive.

So they would join packs, well he would and he would sneak her in. Hiding her out in their home. While he kidnapped people who had a somewhat chance at being a match for her." Huxen reached up wiping my face, and even my nose for me as tires ran down my face and small sobs left my lips. It was getting hard for me to speak, but I knew I had to finish and tell him. He deserved to know.

At this point every memory of that night was flashing before my eyes. Clouding my head with the smell and sounds of that horrific ordeal.

"He was a doctor so he went through all our medical records, then watched us. Most of my medical records had been sealed to keep me safe. Back then most people hated half breeds and even some of the doctors threatened me.

So your dad did what had to be done. But somehow Wayne got my records and I was a perfect match. The life of a useless half bread for the life of a mate." I remember word for word of what Wayne had told me that night. Even if it was ten years ago.

Flashback -

"Please, please don't do this!" I sobbed trying to free my hands. But it was of no use. The ropes were too tight and my wrist we're already bleeding and burning from pulling and twisting them so much.

"Darling stop crying, you're going to be saving the life of an amazing woman, a useless half bread for a real wolf's mate." Wayne said a sinister smile upon his face.

I took a look over to Wayne's mate. She was laid up in a makeshift hospital bed, her eyes were sunken in with dark circles around them while her skin was extremely pale and sickly looking.

"Wayne hurry up, I don't have much time left." She mumbled out to Wayne her voice broken and her breathing becoming shallow.

Wayne pulled out a scalpel. He had already put on an apron that was covered in dried blood and smelled of death. The entire room smelled like death.

He walked over to me.

"No one will miss you." He chuckled as he cut my pants and began cutting into my thigh.

I screamed.

I screamed until my lung burned and my voice broke. Until I saw black dots clouding my vision. Until my stomach turned over and everything spilt out from the shear pain I was feeling.

flashback end -

"When he was done cutting, he reached for a saw so he could cut into my femur and extract the bone marrow. I had never felt pain like that before. But Wayne had made a mistake. He missed work and with all the disappearances your father had sent some fighters to check in on him.

Even though he was a man, your father didn't want to take a chance.

They heard me screaming. I don't remember much after the first few men came running down those basement stars. But I do remember everything I had to go through after that day." I sobbed as I held tightly onto Huxen my body going limp as my knuckles turned white from how tightly I was holding onto him

I hadn't told anyone what had happened down there before. Not even my own family. They only knew the basics.

I had been kidnapped by a lunatic, kept in a basement for what seemed like days but was only half a day.

My parents had reported me missing after finding my bed empty the next morning.

Most people only knew he had tried to take my bone marrow, but not that I had been awake during it all.

Huxen didn't say anything, he just held me. Soothing my every whimper and kissing my forehead non stop.

It took me a solid three years to just become myself again, but even after all that I wasn't myself.

I had horrible nightmares and just the thought of it all made my stomach turn.

I used to wake up screaming bloody murder and hide in my closet as my parents held me.

I was mentally unstable for a long time, and I still haven't completely healed from what Wayne had done to me.

I also knew the families of those seven girls never healed either.

Wayne Smith was put on trial and was executed for his crimes. Our pack usually didn't execute people but he had murdered twenty girls all together trying to save his mate who in the end died in a wolf hospital six days after I was found.

I never wanted to tell anyone what had happened to me, I never dreamed I would find my mate and even need to tell him.

But Huxen was completely honest with me and he never once pushed me into speaking about how the scare came to be.

As his mate it was my turn to be honest with him and to open up completely because I know if the roles were reversed Huxen would tell me.

And there is truly no other person I trust more on this planet than my mate, my Huxen.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Okay guys here is chapter ten hope you like it. 

Also if you arnt reading Blue's Girl then you probably haven't seen my notes.

So January 27th my dad went to the ER, we found out he had severe heart failure. February 3rd he went in and had open heart surgery. 

He had a triple bypass and a bunch of other things fixed. 

He also had to have a defibrillator put in because the 6th he basically died and they brought him back. 

Now he is home and is doing well but it's going to be a very long recovery. 

I've had a very busy and emotional month. 

I am also in the process of editing the introduction to chapter 9 in this story so hopefully over the next few weeks you will see those updates posted. 

Till next time my groot friends,
Bubbleslishes aka Brittany