Chapter Seven

( 936 words)

Chapter seven –

Huxen's pov

"How is she doing?" Chester asked from the seat across from me.

I had been up all night on border patrol and now I was stuck going over safety protocols so that we could get them sent out to all the pack members just in case of an attack.

"She's as expected." I said. I really didn't know how to handle the situation. Legacy's birth mother has come back after all these years and then tells her she traded her off because of some debt she got herself in.

I was beyond pissed, legacy was mine and mine alone I would never let anyone take her from me.

"Yeah I figured that, how are you?" Chester asked, the tone in his voice changing slightly.

I sighed and put my pen down before running my hands down my face and threw my hair a couple of times.

"I can't lose her, I just found her." I answered truthfully.

Even though I haven't known Legacy for long, she already meant too much to me and my wolf. And our bond was growing stronger every day.

"You won't lose her, I can't even imagine what you're going through right know. I mean man if it was Tammy I'd take her and run." Chester said.

"You'd take Tam and run away?" I asked a little shocked.

Chester was never one to run away from anything, but he did love Tammy.

"Of course, I'd make sure she was safe of course, but most off all so she could breath." Chester said.

"DO you think I should take Legacy somewhere away from all of this, just so she could breathe?" I asked him.

"Wouldn't hurt, and he we have lots of properties, I'm sure you can find one that makes it all special." Chester said with a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes at him, but didn't forget the idea.

I wonder if Legacy would want to do something like that.

"Something like what?" Her voice popped into my head startling me a little.

"Oh um, take a short vacation before war, you know the usual." I answered her back nonchalant, trying to lighten the mood. I could feel her sadness and anxiety through the link.

"A vacation doesn't sound like the best of ideas right know Huxen; war is coming because of me." I instantly felt a sharp pang in my chest.

"This is not because of you, never say that, or think that again." I said.

"Whatever." She said before closing off the link.

"You're going to have to surprise her." Chester said.

"You got that right, she still thinks all this if because of her." I said.

I spent the rest of the day on the phone and sending out emails. I had six packs standing behind me ready to fight if that's what it came down to.

I had also planned a special weekend trip for Legacy and I.

I knew she wasn't going to like it, but I needed to meet with the neighboring alpha and we just so happened to have a lake cabin on the other side of his territory so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.

-----

"You should pack this." Shelby said as she walked into my room, holding up a shear white night dress for Legacy to see.

I watched with amusement as Legacy's cheeks heated up and she snatched the night dress from her sister in law and tossed it into the bag she was packing.

"You ready love?" I asked zipping my bag up. I had everything I was going to need.

"Yeah, but are you sure I need to come along, I mean this is a meeting after all." She said. Her voice just hadn't sounded the same, the sadness that laced it made my heart ache for her.

"Yes, I'm not letting you out of my site and plus this trip away will be good for you." I told her grabbing her hand and lacing our fingers together.

I had asked to barrow Chester's jeep since my car wasn't made for muddy forest roads.

"You call us if you need anything baby girl." Helen said grabbing Legacy and wrapping her in her arms.

"And you take care of her." Jakob said to me looking me dead in the eye.

"Always." I said back to him.

I got Legacy in the jeep; kind of reluctantly since she really did not want to come, but after promising to get lots of junk food on the way she got into the jeep.

---

I pulled up to the cabin, by now it was near midnight and Legacy was passed out in the front seat and the small snores coming from her eased me, and so did the fact that two guards were walking around the forest keeping an eye out for anything.

I got out of the jeep and carried our bags in side and then went back out to get legacy. She didn't really stir much as I carried her inside and laid her down on the bed in the master room.

I made sure to remove her shoes and unbuttoned her jeans before pulling them off, making sure to keep my eyes off of her lower half.

I then pulled the blankets up and over her before taking a quick shower before climbing in bed with her.

Tomorrow would be a new day and the first day of our two days away from everyone else.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I know it's been a while, but here you go. 

Please dont forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

Till next time my groot friends,
Bubbleslishes aka Brittany