"Why collect Brownie Points?"

Start from the beginning

We have now sorted out who benefits from collecting brownie points and will dig a little deeper into WHY?

 I don’t know if you dudes out there are paying attention but this is very important and worth repeating, as a matter of fact I think that I’ll keep repeating myself quite a few more times throughout this book so that it will sink in! (or maybe I’m repeating myself because of my old-timers, who knows so just bear with me if I repeat myself too much). EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY at one time or another PLAYS, whether you like it or not, we’re all in the pool and we’re all playing, just remember to keep your suits on...PLEASE!

(Don’t need no naked guys in the pool with me)

When examining our case study a little further, we come to the brilliant conclusion that we as men, (that are in or trying to get into a relationship), have been going backwards in the brownie point food chain, while the women have been advancing by leaps and bounds, like a gazelle being chased by a hungry lion. That is why we need to collect and be thrifty with our brownie points, more so than our significant others, we always have to stay on top of our game, hence the encouragement to continue to collect points wether you are in a relationship or not. There is nothing wrong with “Laying the Groundwork” as we call it, nothing now but when the interest starts rolling in...WOW, when did we start talking about money? Let’s get back on track. When you get right down to it, women control the brownie points, so they control the game, you see, women need very few brownie points because there is not much that we have that they want! We men, need women more than they need us, so, through supply and demand we men have put ourselves in the demand side of the equation and the women control the supply side...see where this is going.

Men want women and need brownie points to get them, what we want women for, I don’t know, but I know that we want women! What do women want...well...I don’t really know what women want but one thing I do know for sure, whatever it is that women want, it doesn’t cost very many brownie points or even any at all!

Just think about it, you are 45 and 6’ 1” tall, sophisticated looking, charming you know the whole ten yards and a cute little blond-haired gal say about 30 or 32 flashes those big blue eyes at you and you’ll be tripping all over your tongue, (you big bad wolff ), to run and hand her all YOUR brownie points willingly AND with a smile to boot, without her asking anything from you at all, just a smile...you Smuck! Now, let’s take that same scenario and reverse the combatants...I mean eh players, here is a cute little blond-haired gal about 30 or 32, she’s 5’ 3”, 105 lbs soaking wet, cute as a button and tender as a bug’s ear. Along you come, Mr. Caveman, (okay, we’ll stick with Mr. sophisticated and charming), you turn and see her standing over there talking to a couple of friends sipping elegantly on her Starbucks Frappacino! Your eyes lock together as you gaze in her direction, you bat your eyelashes and flash your pearly whites at her and as she looks back at you the corners of her mouth turn up into a smile........you think. You hesitate because you’re unsure of what it meant by the way her mouth seemed to contort up in the corners! Did she like you, was that a smile or just gas, or worse was she just trying to hold back a stream of green pea soup because of your revolting appearance. I mean you did give her a glance of your pearly whites? You see, it doesn’t matter how we perceive ourselves, the ONLY thing that matters is how the girl that you like perceives YOU.

Now looking back at the very basic example that I have just described, we can now clearly see that no one guy has any real advantage. Your brownie point heaven is clearly defined by the point of view of the person directly responsible for giving you said brownie points in the first place! HER! That doesn’t mean that you can slack off at any time, no, no, no, on the contrary, if things are good then you can always lay the ground work for NO future visits to the Dog House.