"I'm not sure about this" You stuck close to Cecil. This was your first party here and you felt scared to be alone. Your friend laughed and handed you a cup. Your eyes widened at the drink, causing her to laugh even more.

"Relax. It's just soda" She took a sip of her drink. You smiled and took a sip as well. "With a bit of vodka"

"Pfft" You spat the drink out. She laughed again. "Cecil!"

"Okay. Okay." She calmed down from her laughing fit. "Wait here. I'll get you an actual soda"

"Wait. But don't leave me" You watched as she disappeared into the crowd. You looked at the crowd and quickly began to feel claustrophobic. "I need some air"

You stepped out into the backyard. There were still a lot of people outside, but at least it was less crowded. You noticed an empty bench all the way in the back and you quickly made your way there. Sitting down, you finally felt like you could breathe. You stared at the scene before you. People were having fun dancing to whatever song that played. It was a school night but they couldn't care less. They were just having the time of their lives.

"Teenagers are weird" You glanced down at your bag. Kwan was looking at the party. "I prefer the parties back in Paris. At least they had Nino's DJ skills and an actual band playing."

"I thought you were staying at home?" You smiled at her.

"I didn't want to leave you alone. What if something bad happens?" Her eyes gazed at everyone in the party with suspicion. "I can't let any of these people take advantage of you"

"T-Take of advantage?!" You felt your cheeks blush. Just as the little kwami was going to say something, you heard something fall a few feet away from you. Kwan quickly hid back inside your bag and you went to see what was the commotion. "Owen?"

"Oh hey" The said boy got up, brushing off leaves from his head and t-shirt. You noticed his camera hanging from his neck.

"Were you up in the tree taking photos just now?" You pointed at the branch he just fell from.

"Uh... yeah" Owen laughed. "Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought parties weren't your thing"

"They're not" You crossed your arms. "Cecil dragged me here"

"That does sound like her" He turned his attention to his camera.

"Can I see?" You took a step toward him. He smiled, nodding his head. You looked at the photos he took. "They're beautiful. Are they for yearbook?"

"No. For my portfolio" He placed his camera down. "I plan on getting a job this summer for the local newspaper, but they need to see some of my personal works as well"

"That's awesome" You smiled.

"Yeah, well" He blushed.

"(y/n)! There you are" The two of you turned to see Cecil walk up to you. "I've been looking everywhere for you. Here"

"Thanks" You took the can of Pepsi from her.

"Was I interrupting something?" Cecil glanced at Owen.

"Not really" Owen smirked. "If you excuse me, I'll be taking more photos over there"

Owen walked away, leaving you with Cecil. The said girl looked at you with a large smile. You could tell what she was thinking. You let out a small laugh while shaking your head. "No. Stop it"

"I haven't even said anything yet" Cecil defended herself. You rolled your eyes in response. "Fine, but you have to admit that he's cute."

You decided to ignore her comment and look back at the party. Thankfully your phone buzzed and you didn't have to look at another person skinny dip a cannonball in the pool. Opening your phone, you smiled at the notification of Luka's Instagram post and opened it. Cecil noticed how you frowned at your phone. She glanced over your shoulder. It was a picture of him and a pig-tailed hair girl with a heart emoji as the caption.