And just like that, you continued your work. Owen and you went back to talking about random topics in your free time. It was like that whole conversation never happened. It was one of the things you liked about him. He never made things awkward.

"Finally" You plumped down on your bed. Kwan flew out of your bag and into her dollhouse.

"So, why did you say no to Owen?" Kwan came back, chewing on a small piece of meat. You groaned and rolled over to your side. "You can't avoid this forever"

"Yes, I can" You placed your pillow on your head.

"I get that you told Luka you would wait for him, but you can't do that all the time!" Kwan glared at you, landing on top of your pillow. "He's already dating Marinette. Are you seriously going to tell me that you're not going to move on?"

"I'm not -" You sat up, causing Kwan to fall on your bed. "I'm not saying that I won't move on, but I need some time to think"

Kwan rolled her eyes and flew back to the dollhouse you bought for her to live in. You laid back down and stared at the ceiling. The kwami is right. Luka is with Marinette. You've already mourned your unrequited love. You should move on.

Move on...

----

"Whatcha looking at?" You jumped at the sudden sound of your friend. Cecil laughed at your reaction and went to sit down in front of you. She noticed your phone screen and how you quickly hid it. "Ah. You're staring at that photo again. Why do you keep staring at his photo? Is he your boyfriend?"

"No" You placed your phone in your pocket. "He's just my best friend back in Paris"

"Wait a minute. Isn't he the guy you said that broke your heart?" Judging by how you sank further into your seat, Cecil knew that she was right. "Why are you looking at his photo? Better yet, why are you still thinking about him? Forget that jerk!"

"I... I can't" You slumped. "I've known him since we were babies. Babies! Do you know how much history that is? I can't just cut him out of my life. He's too important to me"

Cecil sighed. She could tell how much he means to you. No matter what she thought or said, she knew that you can't get over him. When the two of you started to hang out more, you had told her about your unrequited love and everything that happened (minus the being Phoenix part). The way you spoke, how tears trailed down cheeks just remembering, she knew that he wasn't worth talking or thinking about.

"He doesn't deserve you, as a friend or as a girlfriend" Cecil spoke in a soft tone. "You deserve someone that likes you - someone that sees you for what you're worth. That guy doesn't know what he's missing out."

Your gaze downcast. Cecil hated to see you like this. From the time she got to know you, the two of you became close. Her gaze shifted to another student passing flyers. She got up and returned with one of the pieces of paper, placing it in front of you. You gave her a questioning stare.

"What you need is a party? And we're going. No exceptions. I'll be at your place at five" She patted your shoulder before leaving. You stared at the flyer. You know what Cecil said was right. You should forget about Luka. You should find someone else. And maybe this party will help get your mind off of him.

----

There were so many people. Unlike the parties you've been to in Paris, the parties in this town were more on the mature side. Students were drinking alcohol no matter if they were or were not of age. There were a group of people smoking or doing other illegal drugs that you didn't bother to think about, couples were making out, and you even saw someone jump from the roof into the pool without any clothes.