Mikey

I ran down the stairs first. Over joyed that I had achieved more in a week than I have in my hole life.

I could hear Gerard running behind me he seemed excited too.

My hands trailed along the mint green walls as my feet stopped down the wooden stairs.

I landed at the bottom with a jump. Gerard followed and we walked into the front room.

Dad was still in his chair. I formed a fist, covered my mouth with it and cleared my throat to get his attention. Then I said,

"Hey dad, I want you to meet someone"

My dads chair turned and he had a remote in one hand and a beer in the other. He smiled and got out of his chair, settled the beer down and walked towards us.

Gerard held out a hand and said,

"Hello nice to meet your sir, my name is Gerard, Gerard Way"

There was a pause as my dad examined Gerards hand. My nerves were going wild. My dad accepted his hand and shook it, he said,

"So boy, you dating my lil' Frank here?"

Gerard blushed and nodded.

"That's good. Welcome to the family. You break his heart. I will break your neck"

Gerard's face filled with terror.

My dads face was serious then he let out a laugh.

"Oh Gerard no worries there son I'm only joking around. Go on you boys have fun do whatever you'd do"

He finished and walked back to his chair, picked up his beer and sat round again facing the tv.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned towards the kitchen. Gerard followed.

I opened the fridge and reached in.

Seconds later I felt two hands climb around my waist. It was Gerard. He made me jump but I then knew who it was. He held me from behind for a few seconds before I turned around.

Making his arms rap around my back. Our faces meet and our eyes gaze.  

There was always a glow to Gerard. Always.

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and escaped from his loving grasp, opened the fridge again and grabbed some beers.

I walked out of the kitchen, walked through the front room and came to a door in the hallway. I was followed by Gerard. I opened this door and walked down the stairs.

It was pitch black.

I felt around the walls for a light.

"Found it!"

I shouted as the light came on and revealed our basement.

I parked up some chairs around a table and set the beers down.

Gerard sat and said,

"Got a bottle opener?"

I got up and rummaged through some draws. I placed a bottle opener and a pack of cards on the table. 

Gerard smirked picked up the cards and started shuffling them, he said,

"You can't beat me. I'm champ in my family"

He winked at me. I laughed and opened our beers. I said,

"Ok then get your bro over here and we'll see"

He laughed and said ok. He put the cards down and gestured for me to follow him. So I did.

We came to the front door I stopped and said,

"Wait. This is the first time we're going to go out as a couple"

He smiled and grabbed my hand.

That's all I needed.  The extra boost from him. The support.

We walked down the road hand in hand all the way to Gerard's house.

He knocked and a tall scrawny looking lad answered the door. He had glasses on and basically looked like a taller, younger and skinner version of Gerard. Not that I'm saying Gerard was fat because he wasn't. I meant that the dude at the door was very skinny.

Gerard said,

"Hey lil' bro this is Frank"

He pointed to me.

"He's my boyfriend"

He finished and smiled.

The boy opened the door further.

Stepped out and held out a hand to me, and said,

"So your the guy Gerard keeps talking about. Nice to meet you I'm Mikey, his younger brother."

I blushed. I didn't know Gerard was talking about me. Especially to his family.

Anyway!

Gerard explained to Mikey about the card game. Mikey laughed and said that he would love to join us. So we walked back to mine and went back down to the basement.

We played a few rounds of the game and I got to know Mikey a bit more.

He seemed like a nice lad. He played bass which was cool.

I had gotten my stash a while back and we had hit a few joints. Basically we were practically out of our heads on weed.

My dad came running down the basement stairs and said,

"FRANK!! Come quickly!! NOW!!"

He didn't have the look of anger or disgust. He had the look of fear and worry.