Luka laughed at their teasing. He shook his head. They know that he most likely was the first person to send you a birthday message and will talk to you later on in the day. The day went on and the group went their separate ways after school.

Luka dropped his things off at his home before going off to his job. He drove around the city on his scooter, delivering pizzas and so on. He would listen to the radio, humming to the songs, as he did so. He glanced at his watch. One more delivery left.

----

You flew down into an alleyway, de-transforming. Kwan fell onto your palms and you gave her a piece of ham from your lunch bag. She smiled at you as you placed her inside your bag. "You seem chirpy today. Is it because it's your birthday?"

You rolled your eyes at the pun the kwami made, not responding to her question.

"Oh" Kwan nodded her head. "Luka's going to call you, huh"

Your smile grew at the mention of his name. Even though you decided to move on, Luka still remains in your mind. He's your best friend, so how can he not? It's been so long since you last saw him and you missed him. You don't get to video-chat with him most of the time so you feel extra happy today.

"I'm home!" You called out, closing the front door behind you. No response. "But of course, no one's home"

"Your parents are busy people" Kwan flew toward the kitchen. "They left a note!"

You shook your head at the kwami's actions and followed her to the room. Just like Kwan said, there was a note laying on the countertop. 'Your birthday meal is on the stove. We'll celebrate when we get back' It read. You sighed. "At least I'm getting to eat dinner with them"

"Don't forget that they prepared breakfast for you too" Kwan came out of the fridge, holding what's left of a chicken wing.

"Come on" You chuckled, heading upstairs to your room.

----

"See you tomorrow!" Luka waved at his co-workers. He closed the door of the pizzeria behind him and went to his scooter.

When he got home, he quickly greeted his mother and sister before running to his room. He checked the time, smiling. He turned on his laptop and began to call you. The moment he saw your camera turn on, his smile grew into a grin. Your hair was tied into a low ponytail and he could see a piece of meat floating around your bed in the background.

"Luka!" You grinned widely at him. "It's been so long!"

"Happy birthday" He greeted. Looking at you made his heart leap with joy. "I heard that the others sent you their gifts. Did you get it?"

"Yeah" You got up from your chair, going out of frame, only to return with a box. "They sent me letters, photos, Jagged Stone and Clara Nightingale CDs - oh! But my favorite has to be this one"

You took out a flash drive. "Can you guess what it is?"

"Hmm. A video?" Luka hummed. "I remember Calixte was vlogging our trip to Versailles and we recorded messages to you"

"No" You giggled. "It's Kitty Section's first EP"

Luka's eyes widen. He remembered the band made the playlist earlier this year. Calixte was in charge of putting it all together, so he must have made a copy of it for you. Luka looked down, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"I love all of the songs, but I have to say that my favorite is the ballad" You continued. "It's rare for you to sing and for the band to do a slow song"

"Yeah, well," Luka rubbed the back of his neck. The song you're talking about was written when he started to feel that there was no point in dating Marinette. The lyrics express his emotions. His friends think that it's about Marionette. But it's not. He didn't write it thinking about her. He wrote it while thinking of you.