We do as he says and take out our spell books. I put the book on my desk and flip the pages until I find the basic level spell. I pause in confusion. How the heck am I supposed to say that?

The classroom is silent, until the first student tries changing the spell. Then another one. Then another one. Then another. Some giggling and laughter here and there, but now the whole class is trying to chant it.

I glance as Sayori. Her eyes are focused on her small plant as she raises both her arms and clenches her fingers into fist, her face just glowing with determination.

"S-Sara.. Toyo-Adagoshmia!" She said. Nothing happened. I find myself laughing at her slightly, and when Sayori notices she joins me.

Everyone else is trying to get their plant to grow.. That means you can be the first one to do it!

I stare at the book and study the spell.

You can be the first one Monika. You can be the first one. You can beat them.

I glance back up at the plant, which seems to be slightly damp. It must've been watered.

Try it, and win it Monika. Win. Be first.

Taking an inhale, I'm about to try growing the sapling, when a voice catches my attention, one that is being louder than it should. One that wants to be heard.

"Sara-tayo-Adoshimgria!" Sasha's voice is loud and clear, and her plant now glowing a light green before gently shaking and growing a few centimetres taller.

No! She got there first!

I sigh in defeat. Of course she got there first. Students awed at her work, wishing they could master the spell first try.

Mr. Bomes smiled. "Well done Sasha! You all should take notes, ahaha!"

Even after he laughed, making it seem like a joke, I noticed Natsuki silently mocking the teacher, clearly annoyed.

Sasha then turned around in her seat to face Natsuki. "Hey, did you see that?" She asked. "That is how you actually do something correctly."

Natsuki, please don't-

"I thought I told you to shut up?" Natsuki hissed.

Natsuki-

"You can't tell me to do anything." Sasha retorts.

"Just leave us alone." Natsuki finally grumbled, and turned her look at her spell book.

"You know," Sasha continued to pester the angered pinkette, who was having a hard time keeping calm. I, myself was beginning to get annoyed. "This spell was pretty easy. Only idiots won't be able to do this."

Sensing the increasing tension, Sayori spoke up. "Uhm, Sasha, you're really cool, being able to do that spell in the first try.." Sayori says, attempting to get the blond haired girl to talk about herself.

In response, Sasha rolls her eyes and scoffs. "I know, but I also know that you wouldn't know a thing about doing things right because of how worthless you are."

"Because of how worthless you are."

Did.. Did she just call Sayori, worthless?

Because of how worthless you are.

-Worthless you are.

Sayori.. Is not worthless!

I jerk my head to face and glare at the stupid blonde chick who thinks she can say whatever she wants. Sayori's face flashes in my mind, and as I am about to say something, but Natsuki beats me to it.

"You're the one who is worthless!"

Natsuki, I wish you just let me yell at her! Sayori is not worthless, she's not. She's priceless. What right do you think you have to-

Snapping me out of my anger, I feel my desk shake, and nearly crumple. On top of my desk, the small sapling in the pot was turning and flashing a bright green before expanding; its stem becoming curvy and brown as it was now made of wood, while thick sticks of branches poked out form the top, where multiple leaves grew.

The tree began to wrap around my desk, and now spilled onto the floor, its roots clinging onto the wall next to me. I back up in my chair, grabbing my spell book in horror as it grows.

Gasps of fascination become louder than the wood growing on the now growing tree, and Mr. Bomes chuckled. "Outstanding Monika! How did you ever do that with a basic spell?"

I stand behind my chair, speechless. That wasn't a spell..

The tree continues to slowly grow bigger and large, gripping onto the walls. What have I done?

But.. I won. I made the biggest tree. I impressed them the most.

I glance at Sayori, who is smiling in awe, like the other students, but her eyes are meeting mine, a worried glance. She knows I didn't do this.

And she knows I can't control it.

The other student's chants become louder as they try and mimic my tree, which is secretly still growing bigger and thicker and stronger.

Sasha, who is obviously stunned I outdid her scoffed once again. "Wow, you're able to create a tree as fat as yourselves! How impressive!"

The room filled with laughter as I narrow my eyes at her, annoyed. But slightly hurt. I beat her, so why is she still trying?

That's when Natsuki had enough. We all new the outburst was coming. You can't bottle your feelings up. But as she roughly stood up, knocking her chair back and onto the floor, and slapped the palms of her hands on her desk, we never would've guessed what happened next.

"You know what? I'm sick and tired of your attitude! Your selfish ugly attitude makes you look like a f*cking sucked pig! Why don't you go die?!" Natsuki shouted, and Sasha stood up, ready for her comeback. But as Natsuki shouted, the small plants, including theirs, disappeared.

They had turned to flames.

DDLC: Element Guardians! (Sayonika + Natsyuri)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें