Why Trans? LGBT headcanons.

First off. New cover. Credit: me. Please don't repost my art without an @ , use  @Newt_L_Young Wattpad.
——————————————————————
You're probably wondering why I made Spiderman trans ftm. I feel like representation is very important, especially since many readers on here are very young and/or discovering that they fit somewhere within the LGBT community. This new Spidey is a bit more androgynous/young looking to some and also bullying for being a nerd isn't really as big as it was then. So bullying a trans student makes more sense. Not to mention "I'm a boy. I mean, I'm a MAN." Also, many of you I know need to see someone who may have self-harmed or had to come to terms with their identity, and need a happy story where they get better.

I myself am asexual and aromantic and prefer they/them pronouns. I want to be able to give you guys these headcanons and representation without smut or out-of-character versions of the MCU characters we've all come to know and love. (I've seen many stories where it is forced and feels unnatural, or the writing isn't very well done). I try my best at writing them as close to canon as possible. Also, none of the Avengers are homophobic, even Steve or Bucky, who grew up in a time where that was a serious issue. They may need to come to terms in a different way, but are supportive nonetheless.

The first few chapters to me feel like they were a little on the I-obviously wrote-this-a-year-ago, so please get to chapter five before making the call of "do-I-even-want-to-read-this?" I promise it gets better! And if you really enjoy this, there's a sequel (Man in a Can) that just goes into the aftermath of the war and Tony's recovery with the same representation. :)

Please note that I also have a lot of close relationships in here. Like Tony and Bruce being close, but not necessarily in a romantic relationship. I wish we could see more of this in the MCU. So for all you shippers, I hope you enjoy all the content.

~Below I will list (purposely written) representation for you~

Peter Parker
Trans ftm he/him pronouns
Bisexual, cause he swings both ways ;)
(Early story self-harm, depression/anxiety)
Gender dysphoria

Clint
Deaf, uses ASL sometimes, (has Lucky as well!)
Queer

Natasha Romanoff
Demiromantic demisexual

Yelena
Asexual Aromantic

MJ
Biromantic
Asexual
She/they pronouns

Shuri
Pansexual

Steve Rogers
Bisexual
PTSD (war)

Bucky Barnes
Bisexual
PTSD (war)

Stephen Strange
Bisexual

Bruce Banner
Biromantic
Demisexual

Tony Stark
Bisexual
PTSD
Anxiety
Depression
Alcoholism

Loki
Genderfluid
Pansexual (bisexual canon!)

Deadpool
Pansexual

Valkyrie
"Bisexual." Is actually a raging lesbian but hasn't quite completely come to terms with it yet.

Peggy Carter
Bisexual

Okoye
Queer

Update: and because so many people ask where the straight rep is.. I give you, Pepper. And because it's canon in a queer comic.. Kate Bishop.