Under The Moon's Shadow: Night's Tale - Chapter: 2

Under The Moon Shadows: Night’s Tale

Chapter 2

The warmth from the fire place greeted the visitors who came in from the cold and wrapped a comfortable almost calming feeling around them. Diffidently needed with all the leading wolves gathering in one place, tempers could flare at the drop of a pen in such a small confined room, it wasn’t the most ideal situation under normal circumstances and this wasn’t normal circumstances either making this situation even worse. The more ideal place to meet would have been the large clearing outside in front of the cabins. Walking into the living room we took our places next to Attila and his betas. Everyone was managing to be civil towards each other talking quietly to others while we all waited for Valko. Sorin and Drusus where talking quietly to Attila about what they were discussing last night.

I stood close to Drusus, the room was filled with mostly males and being the only unmated female old enough to mate meant that every male had their eye on me trying to see if our marks matched or what have you. Standing close to Drusus ensured I would be left alone for tonight since he was a very muscular and kinda scary looking. We had been there five minutes or so when I caught the scent, I could feel my fingernails lengthening in my pockets, sharp teeth lengthening becoming sharper still, a snarl on my lips and the instinct to ripe out someone’s throat. I had to calm down. I couldn’t act upon my instincts in such a small confined room packed with others. They weren't as intense as this afternoon thanks to the pups being safe at home but they were still strong from having intruders in my home range.

-Nyx, calm down. - Sorin commanded me.

A command from the Alpha can’t be ignored not even by me another Alpha though it doesn’t have the same effect on me as it does on the others. Between the command and trying to calm down I managed to bring my sharp teeth back to normal, the snarl left my lips, my fingernails still remained somewhat long and the instinct was obviously still there but I was in control again. The Valko members weren't that far behind the intruders. Valko entered first before the intruders taking their place to the left of Attila while the intruders followed and took their place next to Valko. This was understandable considering the first time I caught their scent had been in Valko territory yesterday. So their Alpha possibly Beta at least must have been from the Valko pack at one point. Once everyone was settled and in place Attila called the meeting to order and started.

“Almost everyone knows each other so we’ll do a quick introduction before getting started.” Attila informed everyone.

He went through and introduced the forest packs first. I really wasn’t listening since I already knew everyone present. Attila Alpha of the second largest pack sat at the head of the round table along with Milena his mate and their Betas Hayden and Jaden. Valko Alpha of the third largest pack along with his Betas Vlatko and Marinela sat to the left of Attila. Ulric the Alpha of the fourth pack along with his Beta Branimir sat on the left of the Valko intruders. Tyr the Alpha of the fifth pack along with his Beta Jordan sat on the left of Ulric. Ylva the Alpha of the sixth pack along with her mate Costin and Betas Judah and Lillita sat on the left of Tyr. All the forest packs in attendance knew Sorin and I but tradition stated that we were to be introduced. Attila would introduce us along with the intruders to the rest of the packs.

“This is Skylor the Alpha of the largest pack from the southern region along with Nova his beta. Sorin my nephew the current Alpha of the largest and ruling pack along with his twin sister and my niece Nyx is Alpha female of the pack and Princess of this forest and Drusus is their Beta.” Attila said keeping the intros short and straight to the point.

There where surprises for both sides it seems.  It was a surprise to see to see a female beta; sure there’s been plenty of female Alphas but very few Betas. No one ever knew why, it was just the way things had been for generations. Looks like things where changing among the Ancients. Skylor looked over at us three with slight surprise written in his eyes. Being a lookout makes me slightly more aware by nature then the others which meant I was probably the only one that noticed the surprise in his eyes. What the surprise was about or the cause of I didn’t know or understand.