11

"I know for a fact you need to talk to me about something," Aphrodite said

The two were walking to where she usually sleeps, and it was farther away from where the other four were given a room. Geralt knew that this was because she did not trust them yet, she barely even knew them.

"Well, we haven't seen each other in a very long time," Geralt responded. 

He was trying incredibly hard not to let any sarcasm show. He wanted to believe that she did not go away on a free will, then why did she not look for him when she was free? He needed all of these answers more than anything, but it seemed as though Aphrodite was still upset about what he had accused her of.

"It's not like I was kidnapped or anything," Aphrodite spoke sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

Geralt could not believe how petty his Aphrodite was acting, and he did the one thing that he knew how to do well, he pushed her buttons. 

"It's not like you cared to come back," Geralt spoke. 

Aphrodite did not want to snap at him. He did not want to say that at all, but he did not know what do say anymore. 

"And you've made quite a name for yourself, the butcher of Blavken" Aphrodite snapped.

It was not as though she did not know anything about the outside world. Aphrodite had kept up with what was going on within the continent. She wanted to know things just in case things had drastically changed, and if she was in any danger. 

When she had seen the look that Geralt had given her, she knew that he said the wrong thing. 

"I'm sorry," Aphrodite stated quietly. 

Geralt had remained quiet after what Aphrodite had said. He knew that this was something that would always follow him, but he did not want this to be who he was for the rest of his life. He had become more than what he was before, and he wanted to show the continent that if had to. 

Geralt knew that Witchers can have feelings, he was just running away from love and want for love in the first place. Therefore, the only woman that Geralt can say that he had truly loved was Aphrodite.

"It's fine," Geralt responded gruffly. 

Aphrodite had known better, and after the brief talk, the two had made it to Aphrodite's room. When they had made it, right before Aphrodite had closed the door behind her, she had turned around to face Geralt. 

She had then leaned up to his height and then kissed his cheek softly. This was her method of apologizing in the past, and she had hoped that it would work now as well. 

Somehow, after that, Geralt had looked calm. It was as though Aphrodite had a power over him that no one else had, and could instantly calm him. 

"I'm sorry," Aphrodite whispered. 

Geralt had given her a hesitant smile, and replied,

"I forgive you," he stated. 

"Good night," Aphrodite replied, and she had then shut the door in front of his face. 

Geralt had sighed quietly to himself, he was not able to say what he needed to say and then walked to where the other three of his traveling group were. Attempting to get some rest.

Now there is only the Epilogue left <3