When Everything Was Normal/Trapped at The Ranch

Quick Author's Note: Welcome to Book 2 of 8 in my series. I can't begin this story without giving credit to some wonderful individuals for the hard work they put in. 

When their images are featured, I'll always name them so no one is ever neglected. 

I want to thank toasterfricker and sammoham for the great cover art and cover design respectively. 

Horidy deserves credit for this chapter heading and several others that will be featured in the piece. 

Shannon and Alana were my beta-readers/editors and they did a fine job helping me fine-tune my story so it was up to par with the high standards of Wattpad. You'll find their profiles in the Acknowledgements Section, in case you wish to use their services. 

And, of course, I want to thank you for reading. Your curiosity is appreciate and (hopefully) rightfully rewarded. 

Happy reading.

Once upon a time, everything was normal.

An ordinary boy lived in a humble little town tucked away in a quiet corner of his world.

He had three friends in this quiet town. He spent many days with them and it was hard for them to remember a day when they were apart—until the fateful day.

While life was still normal, they were out and about in a beautiful field. Then, the sky turned black and the ground tore open. It was as if the world around them decided to die.

The ordinary boy tumbled into endless darkness. While plummeting through the void, he thought death awaited him.

He opened his eyes in a new world instead.

It was a strange place so unlike his home. He was in a world of castles, kings and princesses. He traveled to villages teeming with humble folk, majestic mountains harboring fire and forests brimming with mysterious magic.

Everyone around the ordinary boy called this new world "Hyrule." In the same breath, they called it their home.

The ordinary boy searched for answers to the only question he had in mind. When a guide crossed his path, they pointed him to new friends on a journey of their own; Trevor met a child of the wood and his fairy.

The child of the wood was named Link and his fairy, Navi.

They were destined to save Hyrule and protect a golden power. The golden power could only be found with the help of three different treasures.

If one held the power in their hands, they could wish for anything their heart desired—a wealth of power, the depths of wisdom or even the slightest sliver of courage.

Or maybe even an escape. The ordinary boy did well to remember all this.

He helped Link and Navi meet a princess in a castle.

He followed them to the forest from which they came.

He reunited with one of his friends in the village full of humble people—she was the girl with red eyes.

He found his closest friend on the highest mountain, living with creatures called Gorons. There, they found a treasure they sought.

To earn the prize, the children conquered perilous obstacles as well as great beasts. They claimed a fiery ruby crested with gold and were one step closer to the golden power.