Chapter 9 - Dinner and Darkness

Start from the beginning

"You'll know the truth, soon," Amelia added, pressing her hand so to give her hope. She did not like the lost look on her, always calm, best friend's face.

Ava nodded and looked at her with a weak smile.

"I contacted Nolan. He'll be giving answers soon. Until then, I'll try to get some answers from Ethan." Ava informed with a shrug.

"Why don't you get some basic information from Archie too? It'll be of great help." Ava added with a glint in her eyes, if Amelia would be able to extract information from Archie then coordinating the information would provide them better results.

"Anything for you," Amelia answered almost immediately.

Ava grinned and pulled Amelia in a hug. A smile danced on Amelia face as she enjoyed the embrace of her friend while providing her support too.

.

Seats were huddled in a corner and the projector was positioned in the centre. Hall was ready for their cinema night and that's when the bell rang too.

Archie felt the giddiness in his stomach but stopped short when he noticed Ethan. There was a strange glint in his grey eyes, Archie never witnessed.

He stopped and watched as Ethan opened the door with a soft smile on his face.

"Do they really feel something for each other?" Archie thought with his heart wrenching in his chest.

Ava and Amelia stood on the door. Ethan greeted them and turned attentive to Ava. Amelia frowned at his behaviour but was distracted by Archie who stood staring Ethan from the hall.

Amelia entered the hall and noticed this suite was bigger than theirs. The hall was a little larger and attached to a proper dining area in the corner. Rest of the place, the white and grey paint with two rooms were same as their place.

Completing her survey of the place, Amelia turned to Archie who was stilled at his place, in the corner of ha, and his gaze following Ava.

"They look good together, right?" Amelia asked standing beside him and looking at Ethan and Ava. She wanted to know his thoughts and it seemed the right moment since Ashley was not around either.

Archie clenched his fist and sadness came over his fiery eyes.

"Why does it matter to you that they're together?" Amelia asked out of the blue, she was testing him and he was not aware of it.

"What?" Archie asked, gis eyes widening at the question tossed at him without warning.

Amelia shrugged. She leaned on the wall and enjoyed his fearful look.

"I mean, will it matter to you if your friend like my friend?" Amelia asked, turning the topic smartly.

Archie was stunned for a while. Never he pondered over the question despite his bizarre feelings.

"Never mind, why will you object their relationship, anyway," Amelia said, casually shrugging off the idea.

The question, however, numbed Archie. It echoed in his mind with a great intensity. He questioned himself.

Why will I object for their relationship?

Why am I so affected?

Why?

"You live in London?" Amelia asked, pulling him out of his thoughts. Ava had filled her with a little information that Archie had provided to Ava.

"Birthplace." Archie nodded, mindlessly. His gaze was stopped at talking Ethan and Ava.