Chapter 10

Sir, why didn't you tell me that even Bhabhi is a police officer?"

"Shut up DD!! She isn't your Bhabhi" Neil whisper yelled.

"So all of this was misunderstanding. She's here because of the job and mom didn't send her here for our rishta. How dumb of me?! All of this is because of mom and DD" Neil thought face palmed.

But then he realized something. Why was DD calling Ananya as his bhabhi? Clearly he himself wasn't knowing anything about her. And what surprise was DD talking about? Neil wondered.

Here Ananya aka Avni was busy talking with the DCP. She thought, "Working with this ACP is going to be difficult. I guess all the people with the name 'Neil' are good in giving people tough time. I'm still not sure whether he's some else or the same person. Let's see"

While she was busy in her thoughts, the DCP sir waved his hand in front of her face, " Miss Ananya, are you alright? "

She came out of her thoughts and replied, " Yes sir, sorry. So you were going to give me the details about that case which you want me to handle, right? "

"Right. I like it. It's your first day and you are eager to start working instead of taking time to settle here. That's the spirit. See boys, give all the information about our current cases to Officer Ananya and make sure she's comfortable in this office."

"Of-course Sir!!" DD replied excitedly.

Even Neil replied, "Yes Sir, don't worry."
He groaned internally seeing DD's over-excitement.

On the other hand, Avni was quietly observing the scene before her.

"Sir, I have some important work with DD regarding some case. Come with me DD. See you in some time DCP sir and Officer Ananya" Neil waved them and gestured DD to follow him.

After coming out of the cabin, Neil, clearly irritated with the situation, went towards a corner and DD followed him.

"What happened Sir?" DD asked innocently. He knew the look on his Sir's face which screamed that he has messed up something.

"What happened??!! Why were you calling Miss Ananya as Bhabhi DD?? Are you mad?? Do you know her because clearly she doesn't know you and wasn't having any idea about you before coming here. So tell me, why did you call her bhabhi?" Neil whisper yelled at DD and picked up a glass of water to calm himself.

"Because she is your girlfriend?" DD replied unsurely.

Neil choked on his water and sputtered. He looked at DD in disbelief. All the other officers looked towards Neil. DD rubbed his back to calm him down.

Noticing everyone staring at him, he ordered, "Is this the only task in your life?To stare at my pretty face? Never seen a man coughing? Now continue your work."

DD remained quiet as he knew this anger was now going to be directed at him.

"I would really like to know DD that how do you get such pretty thoughts in your mind? If there's a research going on for how do human brains work, I'll definitely ask them to study yours"

DD's face lit up listening these words.

"But wait a sec, for that, I'll have to kill you first! " Neil whispered yelled at DD.
DD's reaction changed from that of being amused to horror.

Meanwhile, after some discussion with the DCP, Avni came out of the cabin and began walking towards Neil. She saw Neil and DD's facial expressions and tried to figure out what they were talking about. She went near them to understand the situation. As they were speaking in a very low tone, she wasn't able to understand a word. So she cleared her throat and said,