Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Listen, I want to clear something." he said calmly.

"What?" she asked.

Here DD slowly moved forward towards Neil's cabin as told by Shweta.

Silence had prevailed in the cabin with Avni waiting for Neil's answer and Neil not sure about how to disclose his identity to this stranger suspicious girl.

"Itna sannatta kyon hai bhai?"(Why is there so much silence?!) Shweta exclaimed from the phone and DD facepalmed himself.

Both Neil and Avni snapped their faces in the direction of the source of sound and stared at DD.

Avni was confused and asked him,
"What are you doing here?"

Neil sensed some familiarity with the source of sound that he had heard. Then it striked him....it was his mom's voice. And then, he connected the dots. His mom must have wanted to know about his meeting with the girl that she had selected. And DD was more of his mom's khabri(spy) than being a police officer. No doubt that he really worked hard but his spying had to stop.
"Who made him police officer?ughh!!" he groaned internally.

"um...mm ......woh ma'am actually there was no network outside....and I had to make an important call" DD answered finally and then tapped his phone and ended the video call immediately. Then he put his phone near his ear and started,
"Hello....Hello....can you hear me?? No??? Ohh no....still there is network problem" he sighed dramatically.
"I'll come later, I have an important call to make....bye", he waved at them and then hurried outside the cabin.

Neil and Avni, both were in a daze about what had happened.

Avni broke the silence,
"Is this really a police station?? This place is full of weirdos......."

"What?what did you say?" Neil narrowed his eyes at her.

" Nothing.....chuck it. Now, what were you going to say?" she asked him.

"Actually I-...I'm the ACP. My name-........" he was interrupted as Avni spoke

"Liar.....I do have eyes.....I don't think so 'Dakhal Dayaal' stands for the initials   'N. K.' " she said confidently and crossed her arms across her chest.

"You think you know everything,  don't you? Now don't interrupt me and listen to what I'm saying carefully...." he said frustratingly.

She rolled her eyes and he continued,
" I'm not DD i.e. my name is not DD."

She gaped at him and then questioned him, " If you are not a police officer, what are you doing here? What did you do to the real officer DD? Does this DD person really exist? Wait a minute.....then what is your name? I knew it....I knew it you are a fraud....I was right for not trusting you. What are your intentions? Come on tell me quick. How did you fool everyone in this office? What-...."

"Stopppppp!!!!" he shouted. It was surely loud enough that everyone in the office must have heard. Avni's mouth remained open as she was interrupted by his loud voice.

"Kitna bolti hu tum?!! zara apne thoughts ki train ki chain kheecho....."(How much do you speak?! Please pull the chain of the train of your thoughts) he said calming himself.

"Okay....so straight to the point, I'm the ACP......ACP Neil Khanna....i.e. 'N. K.' " he said waiting for her reaction.

"Neil Khanna? Did I hear it right? Can he be that Neil Khanna? My childhood frien- sorry childhood enemy? Well, there might be many Neil Khannas in this world.....but his eyes....they did seem familiar.......ughhhh.... I'm thinking too much......This isn't him. Even if he is, it doesn't matter. I'm here for my mission, nothing or no one can stop me from completing it. But wait a minute, why did he lie to me then? And how do I believe that he isn't lying now?" Avni trailed further in her thoughts.