~LFMH021~

Kise hesitantly knocked on the door of their gym’s door.

He gasped when he suddenly heard it slam.

“YOU’RE LATE!” His team’s captain yelled. He tried searching for Aomine’s hand which is supporting him all this time when Kasamatsu grabbed his arm and pulled him inside the gym.

“Hey, wait! Don’t—“ Aomine started and followed behind.

Kasamatsu ---Kise just knows it’s him—placed his hands on top of the yellow-head’s shoulders and shook him. “Open your eyes, Kise! You’re already late and you dare to close your eyes to try not looking into my angry eyes.” He accused.

The copycat shakily laughed. “I-I can’t, Kasamatsu-senpai.”

“What do you mean, you can’t? Open your eyes, Kise!” Kasamatsu yelled.

“Stop being so pushy and he already said he can’t and he literally can’t.” Aomine gambled and covered the already-closed eyes of Kise.

“Tsk. Stop kidding with us. Time to start practicing, Kise. Open your eyes and change your clothes already.”

Kise sighed with a smile, easily removed Aomine’s hands which are covering his eyes and then lifted his chin. “Alright, I’ll open my eyes.”

Kise slowly opened his eyes and saw nothing. Nothing but darkness.

The whole team of Kaijo became speechless. Everyone froze. Everyone became quiet. Everyone couldn’t believe his eyes.

Their ace’s eyes don’t portray anything emotion. They’re so dark and you could easily say that they don’t or can’t even perceive light or colors.

“W-What happened?” Their coach mumbled.

Aomine closed the yellow-head’s eyes before messing the copycat’s hair. “A bottle of chemical for photo printing dropped from on top of the shelves onto his eyes when it suddenly opened. The chemical was too much for his eyes that it burnt some of his eyes’ nerves which also made him…blind…We’re currently waiting for anyone that would donate his eyes for him.” Aomine explained and gave Kise the ball which is beside his foot.

“Blind?” Kasamatsu repeated.

“Yeah.” Aomine muttered and looked at the dribbling without eyes Kise.

“Will his blindness stay forever?” One of Kise’s teammates murmured.

“I hope it doesn’t.” Kise, himself, answered.

He heard some of the second strings mumbling their disappointments and some are whispering how their team would be if he would not play in the upcoming games.

Kise sadly smiled. “I’m so sorry for being useless, minna. I told you that I would do better and make you proud in making me your ace…but here I am, blind and worthless. How will I use perfect copy when I couldn’t even know who my opponent is? I think from now on, I deserve to be on the third strings.” Kise apologized.

“We never said that we would stop believing that you are our ace just because you became unable to see. We’re not that kind of team, Kise. We’re fighting as a team ion our games, so we’re fighting as a team in waiting for your recovery. We’ll wait, even if we already graduated, we’ll still wait for your recovery.” Kasamatsu smacked the yellow-eyed’s head and grinned.

Aomine cleared his throat.

“Oh, you still exist?” Kasamatsu demanded with insulting tone.

Aomine frowned. “I will let that slip. The reason why we’re here is because I want to excuse Kise from today’s practice. Today is Seirin practice game against Awase High and if we weren’t there…something might happen that we’ll regret.”