Chapter Fourteen

Here’s another chapter for all of you! Please enjoy!

Chapter Fourteen:

“I’m leaving now. I don’t know what time I’ll be back.” Kazuhiko bade and put on his coat.

“Where are you heading this time?” Nuriko curiously asked.

Kuroko silently cut the bandage around his brother’s leg and glanced sideways towards his father.

“Is it done, Tetsuya?” His brother asked.

He blinked and nodded.

Takumi smiled and ruffled his younger brother’s hair. “I bet you want to separate with us now, having a father like him.” He murmured.

The phantom player shook his head. “Father might be difficult to handle but whenever I think about how you and mother still care about me—I’m still happy that I am a Kuroko.”

“How are your injuries, by the way? You have a game today right? Will they be alright?”

“I think and hope so.” Kuroko whispered.

“Takumi, let’s go now. You have a schedule with your doctor for today.” Nuriko called out.

Tetsuya stood up and pushed his brother’s wheelchair towards his mother. “Be careful on your way.”

SHUT!

Nuriko eyed the door Kauzhiko just closed and kissed her younger son’s cheek. “We’ll be back on the before 7 in the evening. Be careful and don’t let any stranger come in. Don’t talk to strangers.”

Kuroko made a face. “Mom, I’m not a 5 year old boy anymore.”

Nuriko smiled ruefully. “After you told us about what happened a year and half ago; I started questioning my decisions about leaving you alone seldomly when we have work.”

Kuroko raised his hands. “Please. Don’t even think about home-working. I’ll be fine.”

“Alright, I trust you. Be careful.”

They all gasped when Kauzhiko slammed open the door. “HURRY, YOU SLOWPOKES! I NEED TO MEET HELDEN!”

“H-Helden Nomaki?” Kuroko repeated and frowned.

“Yeah, you got a problem with that?” Kazuhiko collared his son and met his eyes.

“No…none.”

Kazuhiko let Tetsuya go. “Good. LET’S GO, THIS MEETING IS IMPORTANT!”

Kuroko’s father dragged his wife and older son outside and slammed the door.

Kuroko placed his plate, bowl, and drink on the table and opened the lights in the dining room.

He stared at the lonely dining table. He’ll eat alone, again, today. He’ll be alone, again, today. He’ll be lonely, again, today. He glanced at the picture on the table in the living room.

It’s a picture of him with his family. When his father still hasn’t met the Nomakis. And when his brother still wasn’t pressured with a lot of work. It was when everything was just normal and they enjoy every moment.

Kuroko approached it, lifted it and then the glass on top of the picture of the picture frame slowly was filled with drops…drops of tears.

He then looked at his phone with tears blinding him… “Have I ever told anyone how lonely I am? I haven’t, have I?”

He looked at his cellphone’s wallpaper of him with Akashi. “Sei-kun? Do you hate me for being so melodramatic? For bothering you all the time? For being a nuisance? For being Kuroko Tetsuya?”