Chapter Eleven

Love you guys!

Chapter Eleven:

(Author: To absorb this chapter more, try listening to Yuki Kajiura’s: My Long Forgotten Cloistered Sleep. Thank you.)

Akashi sat beside the sleeping teal-haired teen and took the latter’s hand. He caressed each finger and smiled after feeling their smoothness.

He lifted it near his lips and kissed it.

Kuroko mumbled a, “Mmm,” before rolling to the other side.

Akashi chuckled before fixing the phantom player’s messy hair. “I missed seeing his bed hair.” He muttered to himself and grinned.

It’s already 8 in the evening and Akashi decided to not let Kuroko go back home until 5 pm of the next day. He caressed the blue-head’s cheek and caught a glimpse of the bandage around his wound in the chest to stomach. And also the bandages around his bruises in his arms, legs, neck and shoulders. Even he, Akashi, himself, never thought Tetsuya would survive such tortures with all those wounds and pain.

He intertwined their hands and stared at the blue-head’ pale complexion. “You must have waited for a long time, Tetsuya.” He murmured and touched his left eyelid. “Truth be told, I was glad I chose and decided to use this eye as replacement of the older one—with this, I can use my Emperor Eye more and can fully enhance them.” He added and leaned over to kiss the blue-head’s forehead.

The small movement woke the blue-head’s senses and his eyes half-opened. “Hmmm…?”

Akashi released the phantom player’s hand and laid beside the latter. “It’s me, Tetsuya.”

“Ah…Sei-kun…” The blue-head murmured, still in daze and half-asleep.

“Do you want to eat anything?”

“Mmm…”

“Want curry?” The red-head offered.

Kuroko fully opened his eyes now and nodded. “That sounds good.”

Akashi snickered before standing up and putting on his slippers. “Then, just wait here and I’ll just bring your food here.”

The blue-head nodded and stared at the leaving figure of his former captain. He looked at his wrists and remembered the days after the accident two years ago. He couldn’t get over the fact that he what he experienced wasn’t just a dream and decided to cut himself, but Akashi had always caught him and stopped him, and lastly he was being punished by being a starting player on their practice game the next day against a stranger team.

Slowly, he coped up with dealing with people and decided to enter Seirin.

It was a good decision. Meeting a dense Kagami and supportive teammates was something he always wished before the first day of High School started.

He touched his bruised arm and winced.

“Do your injuries still hurt?” Akashi asked, coming with a tray of food.

Kuroko sat up and bit his lip before shaking his head. “Not really.”

Akashi raised an eyebrow before poking the blue-head’s forehead.

“Ow…” Kuroko mumbled.

“You must never lie to me, Tetsuya. I am absolute and I know when someone’s lying, so better stop trying.”

“I’m sorry…”

“And one more thing,” Akashi added. “Make a promise.”

“A promise?” Kuroko repeated after he swallowed the food in his mouth.