Chapter Nine!

A/N: Sorry for the late update everyone! Been kinda busy for awhile now.

Thanks for all the reviews for Chapter 8, I appreciated them! Thanks a lot guys for the continuous support!

I hope you’ll stay with me until the end!

Chapter Nine:

“I’m done, Akashi-kun.” Kuroko stated and went inside the master bedroom to look for the red-head, and he blinked upon seeing Akashi sleeping peacefully in his bed.

It’s still the same day and it’s still snowing –hard- outside, the color of white is the only thing you can see when you look outside.

Kuroko dried his hair and sat beside the sleeping red-head. He has seen Akashi being off guard before, but he has not seen Akashi sleep when there’s only the two of them.

“I suddenly wondered how it will be when the Generation of Miracles re-unite as a team again? I wonder how strong this group will be.” The blue-head mumbled to himself and looked at the ground. “Everyone has grown stronger and changed. Aomine-kun learned to enjoy basketball again and he can play with his team with teamwork now. Kise-kun is the same, he has changed, he’s not the clinging type and he has already enhanced his perfect copy to the level of all the Generation of Miracles. Murasakibara-kun has now proven the truth; he does enjoy playing basketball and he has learned to not only play basketball because he’s good at it, but also for his teammates. Midorima-kun learned to trust other people as well, he has opened his heart up and let his teammates be part of his life. And, Akashi-kun, he has become better in playing and can use his Emperor Eyes fully now.” He added and, this time, looked up at the ceiling. “How about me? Have I changed? I’m still weak and useless.” He finished and closed his fists.

“You have changed.” A voice replied to his spoken thoughts.

He turned and was surprised to see Akashi’s face infront of his.

“S-Sei-kun, you surprised me. I thought you were still sleeping.” Kuroko muttered and stood up. “I’m so sorry for disturbing your sleep. I might as well leave, so you can continue your nap and—“

“Calm down, Tetsuya. I don’t bite.” Akashi cut in and sat up. “I heard everything and was just pretending that I was asleep to hear your words. I agreed about the others changing, but I disagree with you being weak and useless. Tetsuya, have you not noticed yet?”

“Notice what?” The teal-haired teen responded.

Akashi laid down in his bed before pulling the blue-head beside him. “Think about this. Since we’ve met, you always say that you’re just a shadow. A supporting actor. The shadow that can only be seen when his light’s bright. A shadow, you say, but Tetsuya, both GoM and Seirin see you as our light.”

“No, Sei—“

“You are, and I’m absolute about the things I’m saying. Yes, currently Kagami is your light, but without you he won’t learn that he can manage to get that strong. With you being on his side, he learned to lessen his bad manners and because of you, he learned to not only use his own ability in playing but also depending with others. Seirin sees you as their light, because they won’t be on this level without you; you taught them things they don’t know before. You taught them to love this sport. And us; we all see you as our light, because when there’s a problem in our group—you’re the first one to find a way to solve it; your passes make a lot of difference in each game you faces. You’re important, and that’s why we protect you.” Akashi explained and turned to the blue-head.

“I’m speechless, actually.” Kuroko admitted. “I’m still scared of strangers. I’m still scared to face death. I’m still scared to trust, but I’ll make exception for all of you. Because my destiny is to be with you all.”