Chapter One

Chapter One:

My phone was blasting it's horrible alarm and I winced, shaking my head as I opened my eyes. As the room came into focus I grabbed my phone and nearly smashed it into a million tiny pieces.

Fumbling around with it I shut off the alarm, putting it down afterwards I sighed in relief. However, it wasn't even 10 seconds before it started ringing, again. I grabbed it and hit the answer button.

"What!" I was seething and I could feel the other person on the line flinch.

"Uh...Ms.Rose you have a visitor." The caller, my bodyguard Drew, shoved out.

"Who?" I had calmed down, making my voice was steadier and it came out more like my classic I-don't-give-a-shit tone.

"Walter Erens, ma'am." I sighed, I have no clue who that is and I didn't plan to find out today.

"Call me Ava, Drew."

"Yes...Ava."

"I'll be down there in 10." I ended the call and hustled to the door of my bathroom.

5 minutes later I was dressed with makeup applied and my hair done. I practically ran through my house to get to the door early.

"Ava." I nodded to Drew in response to her greeting.

I stood next to Drew as we waited for a knock on the door. When it came I quickly opened the door and offered my warmest smile to whoever was behind the door, hopefully Erens.

The man who opened the door looked familiar though I didn't know why. Crisp brown hair with blonde ends and bright red eyes. Nothing special, nothing boring.

However the mark under his left eye caught my attention. It was the symbol of the Mystic Angels. Who were dead. Well, excluding me they were. I was the last one and I hid my mark with the Fire Angels mark, I turned my eyes the proper bright, blazing red and went on with my life.

The Fire Angels were practically considered royalty because they were a deadly combination of dangerous, stubborn and rich. After them was the Earth and Water Angels and finally the Tree Angels were last. The Mystic Angels had power over everyone and everything, so they were exterminated by the other Angels. Or at least most of them were.

The elegant tattoo-like mark on Walter's face was impossible to miss. It wasn't jagged like the Fire mark or swirly like the Air mark. The Water mark was flowy and free-looking while the Earth mark was crisp angles but it lacked the mathematical precision of the Fire mark, it looked more natural. They were easily recognized and that wasn't one of them.

I tore my eyes from his cheek bone and looked him in the eyes. "Hello, I'm Ava Rose. You must be Walter Erens."

"Yup." Was his only reply, he popped the 'p' and it was at that moment I decided we would get along fine. I reluctantly felt my lips twisting up into a grin.

"Wanna go get lunch at the diner while we talk about why you headed over here?" I made sure my tone was casual when I spoke the second time, grinning.

Now, I wasn't stupid, I knew it was because of the Killer.

They had been taking the lives of innocents for nearly a year now. At least one a week, maybe two or three on occasion. The population of the already small town in the country of Yura was dropping and everyone, even the children, knew why.