18.

INT.  HAWKSMORE’S MONESTARY

AARON comes to. He’s tired to a chair in the main building with EVAN and HODGE. EVAN notices him stirring.

EVAN:

What are you doing here?

AARON:

I came to rescue you.

HODGE:

Well that was short-lived…

AARON:

Relax. I think I have a…

HAWKSMORE walks back in, flanked by his BODYGUARD.

HAWKSMORE:

Ahh good, you’re awake.

EVAN:

What now, Anton? I assume you’re not just going to let us all go.

HAWKSMORE:

No, I can hardly do that at this stage. Luckily it looks like Aaron’s been on a bit of a crazed rampage this evening, and I don’t see why two more innocent people couldn’t get caught up in it before he’s finally brought to justice.

HAWKSMORE turns to stare at AARON while continuing to address EVAN.

HAWKSMORE:

In fact, the only reason you’re not all dead already is because I’m curious. You wasted millions of pounds of other peoples’ money creating this machine – this replica of your dead brother. Why?

AARON:

I am no replica.

EVAN:

He’s an improvement.

HAWKSMORE:

Was the original not good enough for you?

EVAN:

Don’t be so facetious.

HAWKSMORE:

Why, then?

EVAN:

Like I say. He’s better than ordinary people. In every way.

HAWKSMORE:

Oh yes? Do you think the original Aaron Dewitt would have killed three men in cold blood?

EVAN:

What?

AARON:

I’d do it again in a heartbeat, so don’t even think about laying a finger on my brother.

HAWKSMORE:

You’re in no position to be making threats. I’m the one in control here.

EVAN:

So what now? Are you done toying with us?

HAWKSMORE:

Yes. I just needed to be sure your little science experiment really is a monster. Now, you’ve more than satisfied my curiosity.

HAWKSMORE removes a pistol from his robes and raises it to AARON’s head. Suddenly, AARON tears off his bindings[i], rises from his chair and strikes HAWKSMORE, knocking the gun from his hands.

AARON darts across the floor, grabs the gun and dives into cover (behind a large stone pillar) while HAWKSMORE’s henchmen scramble to return fire.

HAWKSMORE yells to his henchmen as he picks himself up from the floor.

HAWKSMORE:

Get him!