This Can't be Happening

Anella was scared, she had disrespected her High Lord and Lady. Their reputations, especially the High Lords, were terrifying. Rhysand was known to kill members of the court for fun but the general? He was supposed to be even worse. Brutal in battle and devilish with females, that was how Cassian was known. And now she was stuck on his lap, in this horrifying dress that barely covered her body.

One of his broad arms was wrapped around her stomach, the other resting on the arm of the grand chair. His fingers were splayed over her hip and his breath sent shivers through her skin as he pushed his face into her neck and shoulder. Her body recoiled from his touch but she couldn't move away, she was frozen on his lap as he picked up his drink with his left hand and took a long drink before putting it back down the arm and turning his gaze to his companions.

They spoke about matters around the whole of the Night Court,  but Anella didn't understand much of it and was far too distracted by the general. The hand that been resting quietly on her hip now started to move, stroking her dress and stomach slowly. Her muscles were so tense she imagined if someone pushed her she would land on the ground in the same sitting position just on her side. But the Cassian didn't even seem to notice what he was doing, he spoke quietly to his companions even though it didn't seem to effect the brashness of his voice. Azriel's voice still sent shivers down her spine, remembering how he had appeared behind her silently. The Morrigan seemed quite cheery and refused to look at Anella, acting as if she wasn't there.

The spymasters shadows curled over his hands, round his ears and some resided on his wings. They intertwined with his scarred fingers which grasped a gauntlet full of the strongest Faerie wine in the whole hall. He looked fed up with being in the Court of Nightmares, and drunk heavily. She noticed him continuously glaring at Keir and the way he would always glance back and Mor. He didn't like Keir for his treatment of the Morrigan then, but it seemed to be more than the steward that made him want to drink. Maybe it was just being in the Hewn City at all.

Morrigan didn't drink too much, having chosen a much lighter wine. She sat between Cassian and Azriel, and spoke to them both equally. She kept casting glances over to her cousin and his mate, watching for any orders from them. Her blood red gown flowed around her and she had one leg crossed over the other. She had a look of pure boredom, looking over the magnificent court like it was nothing and she was its queen. Anella followed her gaze over the court and noticed her father.

He stood staring at her from across the busy hall, more panic was in his eyes than she felt in her whole body. He looked mortified at the sight of her on the bastard generals lap and she wondered whether he would disown her for it. Her father seemed too concerned however, no he would not disown her. Unless it went any further. Cassian felt her gaze shift and murmured "What do you see? Do you have a lover who thinks my touch will disgrace you?" her breath hitched as he moved his right hand down to her leg, sliding it under to rest on her upper thigh.

"Will he refuse to touch you after I do this?" 

"Please, I..." His hand slid to the inside of her thigh and she exclaimed. He shifted how she was sitting to open her legs wider and his fingers caressed her freezing cold skin. His fingers kept moving as his lips brushed her neck. He moved his head closer and his teeth grazed her pale throat as she spoke again "Please..." her voice had lost the strength that was in it a moment earlier and she just wanted it to stop. Her father's dark eyes were pinned on her and the male behind her. She was sure in that moment that he wanted to kill Cassian for touching his daughter like that, not just because if she was dishonoured he may struggle to marry her off, but because she was clearly asking him to stop, and he kept going.

His fingers traced circles and lines under her blue dress, setting her on edge but she soon realised he wasn't going to go any further and slowly relaxed back into light tenseness and silence.