Part 11 - Answers and forgiveness

Your POV:
You sat on a chair and looked at 343 with anger in eyes.

343: So, do you really want to know, why did it all happen?

Y: Yes.

343: Alright. It all happened, because you humans, caused it.

Y: This doesn't make any sense.

343: Sadly, it does. I gave you all a free will. I told you what to do, to be a good person. But you still kill one another. Why? Because of land? It is stupid! Because of different religions? If you were clever enough, then you could have realised, that every religion wants the best for their believers. So why can't you tolerate the fact, that somebody else believes in something different? The truth is, that it doesn't matter, if you are a Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, Muslim or if you are an atheist! The thing that really matters is, if you are a good person.

Y: Then why there is so many religions?!

343: Good question. Do you want to know the answer?

Y: Of course I want!

343: The truth is, that I love cosplay. Being one and the same person every single time can be boring.

Y: ...

343: And returning to your question, you already know about the Multiverse, don't you?

Y: Yes, I know.

343: Listen. Every single time, when somebody from existing universe stands in front of a choice, I create new universes with alternate answers. The same thing is with war crimes. When somebody commits them, I create a new universe, where it doesn't happen. Your universe is sadly, one of the ones, where happened the worst things, and I cannot change that, because I would have to reverse the entire history of that universe and take away humanity's free will.

Y: Then why don't you do that?

343: Because I have already tried that. It worked, but humans became like other animals. And it wasn't anything good.

Y: So, the only reason, why all these bad things happen...

343: Is your free will.

Y: ... Is there anything humanity can do, to prevent things like that to happen in future?

343: Of course! If you could unite, don't start pointless wars and live peacefully, you could achieve anything you want.

Y: Ok, I think I understand. But what can I do?

343: You have already showed that. You have sacrificed yourself, to save your sister. If you didn't do that, your father would become an alcoholic because of death of your sister and would die in a car accident for driving while being drunk. Your mother would lose her mind because of that, and you? You would have killed yourself two days after losing your father. You have already saved four people Y/N, and this is just a beginning of your journey. But it won't go well, if you don't break with the past. Forgive them. Forgive everyone who hurt you. You will never erase that from your memory, and you know that. But it was a past! You have started a new part of your life!

Y: ...

343: Please.

Y: I... Can't...

343: Of course you can! You are a strong man Y/N L/N and you can do it!

Y: ...

343: Please, at least do it for Bob, he was your best friend after all. And he would be proud, if you did that.

Y: ... He thinks that I am dead...

343: Not for long Y/N, something big will happen on your planet and the foundation will reveal itself. And you will be able to see Bob again. You will be able to see your family again.

Y: And these morons...

343: You will do great things Y/N, things, that they can only imagine! O5 council already made a document about you and classified you as SCP-5205. When the bullies hear about that, they will be afraid of you, and you won't have to be afraid of them.

Y: You are right... They will know, that I, Y/N L/N am better than them!

343: Exactly! So tell me, can you forgive them?

Y: ... Hardly... But yes, I can. And I forgive them.

343: And I forgive you the previous timeline Y/N. So do not worry about that anymore. A new, better part of your life had already begun. Remember, you are The Chosen One.