Chapter 9: Picnic

Ellie walked to the door with the picnic basket in her and "Ok kids! Everyone in the truck!" Noah came rushing down stairs with Alex and Liam following behind him and Emily just slowly walked down not as excited as the boys...

Ellie's pov:

I felt a warm feeling in my chest as I saw the boys run down stairs and past me as Alex shouted "Last one to the truck's a rotten pig!" Liam and Noah looked at each other and then they sprinted and raced out the door. The warm feeling was soon replaced with worry as I saw Emily walking toward the door, she had a sad look in her eyes "What's wrong sweetie?" I hooked my arm around Emily's walking out the door. Emily lood down and I could tell she wanted to talk to someone but she was scared... "Emily you know you can tel me anything..." I pulled her closer to offer as much comfort as possible. She was hesitant to talk to me "It's... I... I'm falling for Noah..." She looked down at the ground not wanting to make eye contact with anyone.

I had a big smile on my face as she said those words to me "Well sweetie thats not a bad thing... you and Noah would make a lovely couple." Stopped and turned to her making her face me. "But Ellie he's not going to be here for long... I really like him but every time I look at him and start to feel butterflies in my stomach, I'm reminded that he's not staying. He's not going to give up his dream and career just for me... and if he would, I wouldn't let him." Tears started forming in her eyes, I cupped her cheeks in my and looked deep into her eyes "Emily... if you two are ment to be, life will find a way to keep you two together, no matter what happens..."

She gave me small smile and nodded her head "Em, the only thing you can do is enjoy the time you have with him, don't worry about tomorrow's problems and enjoy the day..." I pulled her in for a hug and then gave har a tissue to wipe her tears. "Em! You coming?" Noah shouted at Emily from the back of the truck where him and the other two boy were sitting. She looked at me and I nodded my head before she went sprinting off and getting onto the back of the truck.

Johnny was standing by the door of the truck holding it open for me "Malady..." he bowed as he held out his hand for me to take. I laugh at this silly man I married "Thank you my good sir." I placed a small kiss on the side of his cheek and he closed the door, running to the other side and jumping into the truck. He turned around looking out the back window "You kids ready?" They all gave out loud "Yeah" as Johnny stared the truck and drove off.

Third person pov:

They drove down the road, Ellie started humming a song as she drifted off into her thoughts.

*Flashback*

"Johnny... where are you taking me." Ellie couldn't see a thing because of the blindfold around her eyes, all she knew was that they have been driving for a while now and Johnny, her newly wed husband, hasn't told her where he's taking her. "Don't worry love, we're almost there..." He put his hand on her thigh to comfort her and she placed her hand on top of his. After another 10 minutes the car came to a stop. Johnny quickly jumped out of his car and rushed to Ellies side helping her out of the car. "No peeking..." He said in a teasing voice with is arm around her waist, guiding her to some place. "I couldn't even if I wanted to." She gave out a nervous laughter "Ok, Ellie, you ready?" He laughed at her as she yelled at him "YES!! Now pleas take this thing off!" Johnny slowly removed the blindfolded to reveal a beautiful house on a big pice of land. Ellie placed her hand over her mouth as she felt tears welding up in her eyes Johnny had a big grin on his face "Welcome home love..." She jumped into his arms wrapping her legs around his waist and gave him a passionate kiss. He placed her down on the ground with a big smile on his face, took her hand and walked into the house with her.

*End of flashback*

After a couple minutes they arrived at a big old Oak tree. Ellie threw a big blanket open under the tree starting to unpack the basket.

"I forgot about this tree." Noah said walking to the bark of it. Liam came standing next to him. Noah ran his fingers over the carving in the tree looking at Liam smiling at the memory. "Noah, Liam and Mason." Liam read it out loud. They walked back to the rest of the family sitting on the picnic blanket. Emily looked at them wondering what was going on.

*FLASHBACK*

"This looks like a good one." Liam walked to the tree waiting for Noah and Mason. What are we doing?" Mason put his little arm around Noah's waist. "We're going to carve out our names." Liam pulled out a pocketknife he stole from his dad. He started carving in the tree. "Ok done, now we're going to tell each other our biggest secrets and if you break the pact we'll tell your secret." He held out his hand to shake theirs. "Wait, what pact?" Mason frowned. "Our friendship pact, banana brain!" Liam shook his hand then Noah's. Mason was still a little confused but just went with it. They sat until the sun went down, telling secrets and making jokes.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"I got a call this morning from a friend..." Johnny said laying his head on Ellies lap. "And?" Ellie asked. "He wanted a couple bull riders for this weekend." Johnny had a grin on his face knowing how his wife will react.

"Ooh well you can tell him to go and search somewhere else." Noah and Liam both looked interested. "Can we do it too?" Noah felt like trying something new. "Yeah you can if you want to." Johnny was glad someone was backing him up. "NO absolutely not! No one is going to ride!" Ellie was displeased. "We're our own person let us do what we want." Johnny sat up looking at his wife. "Not if it is throwing yourself of a 600 pound bull and waiting for it to stomp on you! Have you not learned your lesson?"

"Stop worrying so much." He kissed his wife's hand. "I'll lock you in the house! I'm not joking!" She raised her eyebrows. "So we're not going anymore?" Noah pouted. Emily looked at him "You weren't going in the first place." She said backing up Ellie. Johnny looked at Noah nodding his head and mouthing a yes. "In that case I want to do it to." Alex looked at his dad excited. "Do you see what you've done?" Ellie wasn't happy. Johnny chuckled pressing Alex's head against his chest. "You'll get your chance buddy."