Chapter 8: Off the hook

"Noah! Get up! Get up! Get up!" Alex shouted as he jumped up and down on Noah's bed. Noah gave out a chuckle, he grabbed Alex by the wrist and starts to tickle him. Screams of laughter could be heard all the way down stairs to where Aunt Ellie was cooking breakfast and packing the picknick basket.

"What do you think is happening up there?" Johnny looked at his wife with a big grin on his face, it made him happy to hear his little boy laugh like that. Ellie looked up at the celling as if she was able to see right through it "Alex wanted to wake Noah up so I think Noah's getting his revenge..." She smiled to herself as Emily walked into the kitchen while rubbing her eyes and letting out a yawn "Good morning guys..." Johnny looked her up and down with raised eyebrows "I see you have the same hoodie as Noah..."

Emily felt her cheeks heat up as she looked at the hoodie she was wearing, remembering the events earlier that morning "Ummm it is Noah's hoodie..." She looked down as she scratched the back of her neck. "So you and Noah are now sleeping together?" Johnny said in a teasing voice staring straight at her and she threw her hands up in defense "WHAT! NO!, I... I was just could last night and Noah gave me his hoodie..." She knows that she can't say to much or else he'll find out about the whole firework incident and that won't be good. "But you have your own clothes..." Johnny was waiting to hear an explanation.

Before she could say something Noah, Liam and Alex came walking down stairs. She made eye contact with Noah and she saw as his eyes lingered on her... his eyes slowly traveled down her body as he took in the view in front of him, he liked to see her in his clothes, she looked breathtaking even though her hair was a mess and she was wearing a hoodie that was twice her size.

"Umm we three just stayed up last night stargazing..." She grabbed Noah and Liam by the arm, pulling both of them to either sides of her. Noah was a bit confused at first but then he realized what was going on. He oped his mouth to help Emily out with the "story" but he was interrupted by his uncle putting his hand up and making them all go silent. "Spare me your lies... I know that you three were in town last night setting of fireworks..." he had disappointment in his eyes. They all stayed quiet for a few seconds but Liam was the first to break the ice "How... how did you find out?" Johnny stood up from the table and slowly started walking towards them "Well Liam... you see... the guard that chased you last night was the sheriff... he recognized and you called me this morning saying that my son was shooting fireworks with two other people in the park..." Johnny put his hans on both of the boy's shoulders while Emily was trapped in the middle.

"Luckily for you three he's a good friend of mine and he let you all off the hook, just don't let it happen again..." Johnny gave them all a stern look and then the all of them sat down to eat breakfast. As Noah was enjoying his meal and making small conversation here and there his phone started ringing, he looked to see who was calling and it was his manneger, not a surprise, Noah thought to himself. He excused himself from the table and walked into the living room for some privacy and answered the call "Noah! Where the HELL are you? You've been gone for two weeks, I've been texting and calling you like crazy! The press is starting to spread roomers about you!" Noah gave out a sigh "So... let them, let them spread roomers about me, it doesn't bother me one bit." Before Noah's manneger could say another thing, Noah ended the call.

He is really happy here on the ranch, the happiest he's been in a while. He loved staying here with his Uncle, Aunt, Alex, Emily and now Liam too even if there are some sad memories he'd rather forget about. He didn't want to leave. "You ok?" Noah was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of Emily's voice coming from behind him. He slowly faced her and gave he a small smile "Yeah, it's just some thing that has to do with work."

Emily's pov:

I hated the fact the he has to leave, I've really grown used to him being here but every time I look deep into his eyes and feel myself falling for him, I'm reminded of the fact that he was not staying her forever. To tell the truth it hurts like shit knowing that he's not going to be here that long anymore. I'm really going to miss seeing those hazel brown eyes and the way he scrunches up his nose when he laughs, I'm going to miss all those little things about him...
I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Noah waving his hand in front of my face and letting out a small chuckle "I lost you there for a minute..." I laugh it off and took his hand in mine leading him back to the tabel so we can finish out breakfast and then get ready for the picknick. I really don't want to let go of his hand but I have to because he's not mine...