Chapter 23

After Mary had vanished, Emillia thought that it was over until a something happened making an explosion appear out of nowhere making Emillia fly backwards until she was flying over the cliff and hanging onto the edge for dear life.

Whimpering, she felt her strength go slack because of so much power that she had used to put into that spell and accepted the fact that she will fall to her death and die like Theresa had died because of her mother.

Feeling her hands slipping, Emillia used her final thought saying I love you Nathaniel.

Her hands slipped from the edge and she was falling until someone grabbed her arm with both hands, stopping her from falling to her death.

She looked up and saw Nathaniel there with Haline at his side holding a rope that she tossed down to Emillia for her to grab.

Grabbing it, Emillia held onto the rope, and Nathaniel's hand, for dear life as both Haline and Nathaniel pulled her up to safety.

Soon enough, she was on top of the rock and hugged Haline saying "Thank you Haline."

Coming out of the embrace, Emillia went over to Nathaniel and smiled a little at the prince, who returned the favor by leaning forward and kissing her on the lips again.

Emillia out her arms around Nathaniel's neck as he placed his arms behind her back as to protect her from falling backwards.

They broke the kiss apart, looked into each others eyes, and smiled.

Someone coughed and the two of them jumped apart, only to see Lillian standing a few feet behind them with her hands covering both Clancy's and Tyto's eyes in order for them not to see the two lovebirds kissing.

"Clancy!! Lillian!! Tyto!!" shouted Emillia enthusiastically as she ran over to the three of them and gave them each a bone crushing hug.

"Emillia you did amazing back there with banishing Mary to who knows where!! It was awesome!!" exclaimed Tyto after Emillia finished hugging all three of them.

Emillia smiled and looked down cause that was the first praise that she had ever heard anyone say since Mary came into her life.

"Thank you Tyto," she says while looking back into her adopted sons eyes and hugging him once again.

Tears leaked out of her eyes yet again and this time they were tears of joy as she was so happy to have almost all of her loved ones saved from her evil stepmother.

Speaking of which...

"Hey Emillia," asked Clancy, "where's Theresa?"

Hearing those words, Emillia pullled out of her embrace with Tyto and looked at her adopted daughter with sad eyes.

It was all Lillian needed to see, because as soon as she saw the tears in Emillia's eyes, Lillian broke down weeping for her dead twin sister.

Lillian cried her heart out for Theresa cause she had sacrificed her life to save everyone from Mary's evil plans.

Emillia put her arms around the weeping Lillian and was trying to calm her down using a soothing tone that she would use on either Clancy or Tyto, but it didn't work at all.

She felt a hand clamp down nicely on her shoulder and looked up to see Kathen looking all right and fully okay.

As if understanding what he wanted her to do, Emillia let go of Lillian and stepped back to allow Kathen-Lock to put his arms around her and comfort her in the fatherly way that he would use on both Lillian and Theresa when they have gone through a tough time.