Chapter 2

Emillia repeated what she needed to help Clancy's sickness to the cook.

The cook or Nancy went to get the food that Clancy will need cause it wasn't the first time someone threw up in the household.

Emillia quickly went to get another washcloth cold to make the time that Nancy needed to pass by and bring Clancy's fever down cause she was burning up.

After five minutes a servant loyal to Nancy and Emillia's father came in with Tomato soup to help Clancy with her sickness.

The bowl was hot so it required her to carry it with a towel.

Emillia walked down the hallway with the hot bowl full of Tomato soup in one hand and the cold washcloth in the other.

Reaching the room Emillia saw Clancy laying down on her bed staring at the ceiling with the original cold now warm washcloth on her face.

Emillia placed the Tomato soup bowl on the table and went over to Clancy and removed the warm washcloth.

The new cold one went in it's place to help pull the fever down.

Hearing footsteps Emillia turned to see her stepmother fixing her with a dark fierce look.

"I heard from a little bird that my youngest child just threw up and is burning up with a fever. Is that true Emillia?" said her stepmother.

"Yes Mrs. Lovinggale, it is true and I am trying everything to make her feel better in bringing the fever down," replied Emilia.

That made Mary's face relax a little but Mary was still irritated at not being told from the moment it happened.

"You better be glad that you acted quickly or else I would've made you not eat for two days and starve to death. Next time you better tell Theresa the moment it happens and she will tell me or else," threatened Mary.

Emillia nodded her head and said "Yes madam I will do just that."

She was used to this treatment after ten years of having to live with it. Mary left and Emillia went back to work of making sure Clancy will be fine.

***

Stupid Emillia thinking she could get away with everything just cause she truly has big powers, thought Mary Lovinggale as she strode down the hall passing by servants who stopped what they were doing and bowed.

(Yes Mary knew despite the fact of keeping them hidden, that Emillia had powers. Keep up!!)

Mary just ignored the servants and kept walking past them and looked around in the hallway making sure that she could see her face all over cause the hallway had mirrors all around and Mary wanted them to shine whenever she saw her face in them.

Rolling her eyes Mary knew that after 10 years of threatening and doing what she threatened, the servants would always do what she wanted.

To think it only took a few threats of turning them over to the king of being traitors to the crown that convinced them to be loyal.

Mary smiled evilly and thought lucky for Emillia, I have big plans for her powers since I have a few tricks, or should I say spells up my sleeves. She'll never know what will hit her.

Mary chuckled evilly to herself of that thought but it had to be done before midnight of a day but she didn't know what or when she can do it to complete her plan.

But what Mary didn't know is that one of the servants was born with mind-reading powers since she comes from a long line of fairies since she is just 1/16 fairy.

Haline was a young girl whose family line often married humans limiting her powers to mind reading and something else that she would reveal to anyone else in case of emergency.

Haline was about 6ft 5 with green eyes, black hair, and fair skin, but what came with her fairy family line trait was the silver glitter around the right eye.

It ran in the family line of fairies so that way people can identify themselves to whoever they wanted to.

Haline was happy with her mind powers cause if it wasn't for her then Emillia would have to be cleaning up all that vomit and getting herself dirty.

Haline read some more of Mary's thoughts and quickly finished the last mirror in the hall and went over to where Emillia was busy taking care of Clancy.

Why would Mary want to do those things to my cousin if she treats her like a slave? thought Haline.

Haline's uncle was Emillia's dad so that permitted them cousins.

When Haline learned of her uncle getting remarried, Haline quickly disguised herself as a regular servant to identify the woman only to know that it was Mary Lovinggale, the fairies most feared person ever.

So to keep Emillia safe Haline stayed there continuing working as if she didn't know anything and was dumb. Whenever Emillia was in trouble Haline was there to help her out.

Like the puke that was left on the floor, Haline quickly grabbed a sponge and a bucket as soon as she heard Emillia panicking about Clancy throwing up.

Haline sighed and thought Sure Emillia's father was 1/8 fairy but her mother was half fairy, half whitress.

(A whitress is a chosen woman like Emillia's grandmother passed down through family generations but very rare and granted very powerful powers. So when Emillia's grandmother Miya married a fairy Emillia's mother became a half fairy-half whitress.)

When Emillia was born as one fourth whitress, half fairy, one fourth human, she was granted very big powerful powers beyond belief.

But as her mother was dying from sickness that took her when Emillia was 4, she gave Emillia the moon birthmark on her face and the star birthmark on her hand to help her learn to control those powers she was granted.

Haline shook her head from those poor memories and thought I don't get it fairies were not supposed to dye from sickness, they hardly ever get sick. But I did promise my aunt that I would be there for her daughter who is my cousin in front of my entire family since she guessed that I was capable of great things.

And that vow has been kept since Haline moved to her cousins house pretending to be a stupid servant so she could save Emillia's back from being whipped, cause that is what Mary does to those who aren't loyal to her or her children.

Taking a deep breath in Haline vanished in a blur of magic as if she was never in the hallway watching Emillia and Clancy in the first place and found herself in the kitchens to help the cook with foods.