Chapter 4

Chapter 4 : A conversation

Quinn Carter

"Mommy" A tiny little voice called out. I take off my left earphone letting 'Nightmares' from Ellise only heard on my right ear.

"Yes" I kiss him on top of his head continuing making scramble egg for him.

"Ishh...ish...ishh.huh" That. Is the sound he make trying to climb the seats on dining room, then I heard feet sound. "Mommy pick me up" he pull my pants holding his hands out for me to carry him.

"I'm making you breakfast" I pat his head before slicing sandwich into two.He tried to grab one before I slap away his hand. 

"Wash your hand first" He frowned before walking with heavy steps to the sink. Then he came back with clean hands. Handing the sandwich to him.

 He grab it with 'happy dancing' he created, moving towards the living room. I put the other sandwich on a plate, pouring a milk on a kid's  cup. Bringing it to the dining table.

"Alec come!" I heard tiny feet sound speeding before Alec's little body came into my sight.

"Ishh..ish..ish.. Mommyyyyyyy"I can see tears on his eyes when he failed climbing the seats. I chuckled picking him up before putting him on the seats. "Eat faster, you're gonna be late for school".

~~~

After I send Alec to school, I went to work. Where all the mess start to happened...

NO MY SON DON'T SMOKE. DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME HE HAVE LUNG CANCER.

YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT, I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU EVEN GET PHD IF YOU CAN'T DO YOUR JOB.

I'M GOING TO SUE THIS HOSPITAL, GET READY TO GET A CALL FROM MY LAWYER.

WE HAVE CODE BLUE HERE.

I'M NOT GETTING ANY PULSE.

THIS PATIENT NEXT TO ME IS WATCHING PORN. IT BURNS MY INNOCENT EYES.

I'm tired.

"Another bad day?" I looked up to find a guy handed me a noodle cup ready to eat. I looked at him confused. "You don't remember me? Dan, Dan Orlando?" I still looked at him confused but I just nodded try not to offended him.

I met lot of faces everyday. I can't remember every single of it.

"So how was it working at the hospi-"

"Tiring" I cut him off didn't even looked at him, I began to eat the noddle cup he handed me earlier. He muttered an 'oh'. 

"What the most rudest patient ever did to you?" He asked, breaking the silent. It took me awhile because everyday patients being rude to me. To us.

"I don't know honestly, everyday I dealt with rude patient" I gave up thinking let just say there's like 99% my patient being rude. 

"That sucks" He said.

"I know. Although one of this dude he asked me to have sex while his wife was having a surgery. It was 5 years ago" He looked at me wide eyes. "Did you tell his wife?"

"I did, she didn't believe me at first saying I'm just 'confiscate' her husband" I air-qouted the word confiscate. "Then what did you do"

'Well her husband did hit up on me again. But this time I voice recorded him" 

"Then" He face lit up in amusement, excited to know the ending. "I showed to his wife.She believe me. And my dude, the whole hospital knows what happened. She even asked me to send the recorded to her." I chuckled, shaking my head. " What happened to them?"

"They had a fight. Divorced. The wife invited me to a tea party with her friends thought. Since then she was like a second mother to me" 

It's true. We became close. She was there to help me when I first had Alec. She help me on my apartment. Well SHE bought it for me. Boy I didn't even know she was that rich when I met her.

"Wow" That all he said. I looked over my watched only 3 minutes till my breaks over. "Well I need to go, my breaks already over and I want to say thank you, it nice to have someone to talk to." I gave him a warm smile. "And also for the cup" I raised the empty noodle cup. "Well how about you thank me with sending you home"

That. Shocked me. "I'm sorry I came with my car." Thank god I have a car. I don't want to take a ride with a total stranger. "Well dinner?" He tried his best but my dude, please. Please. "I don't think that is a good idea" I said honestly. "Sorry?" I tried my best at giving him my apologizing look. 

"Or maybe if I can get your number, we can hang out sometimes." I thought he's done.He handed me his phone. But just looking at his face. I began to feel guilt. I hesitated before I gave in. I am hoping it's not more then just a friend right now. Cause the look on his face I know it more than that.

~~~

Finally. It's overrrr. 

I can finally be free.

Dobby is freeeee-

"Quinn?" I turned around to found a man. Huh

Do I know you, sir?

"It's me Hermes? You don't remember me, We hang out last week with my fr-"

"I remember you" He muttered an 'oh' before looking proud. "What are you doing here, Are you sick?" I asked. Is he sicked? But he look fine.

Don't say it.. Quinn don't say it.....

Fine as hell.

Oh my god I can't believe I say it.

Why did you say it?

Oh you blaming me? My dude I am you.

"Umm, Quinn?" Hermes wave his hand infront of me. "Huh what?"

"I said I'm fine thanks for asking" He smirk. I don't know what he's smirked about but it bothers me. "Then what are you doing here"

"I uh, I visiting an old friend.. Jessica! Yes yes, Jessica" Ok this dude is creeping me up. 

"Oh, well then, I'll see you when I see you" I began to walked away before he grab my hand. I gave him a glare. He drop my arm raised both of his hand.

"Um maybe I can drop you home, you look tired" He rubbed the back of his neck. 

"It's fine, I came with my car" His shoulder dropped in disappointment. "Well I'll see you when I see you" I rephrased my word before walking away towards the staff parking lot.

===

I thought maybe i can update more owhen lockdown. But I don't have any ideas. *sad sven noise* 

But i did it yayyyyyyyyy *happy sven noise* let me know what you think

any ideas?

Vote,

Comment,

Share!

-Wahmen