Lucius was quick enough to wrap his arm around her waist but not very quick to stop her from the fall. Madonna's eyes widened as she fell on the hard wet ground with a thud followed by her husband who graciously fell on her.

Madonna was already hissing in pain but she never expected to be attacked by her husband's hard, smooth body on her and most certainly did not expect a pair of luscious lips colliding with her soft ones.

Madonna and Lucius froze equally when their lips touched each others. Moments of intimate emotions passed in their eyes. The soft breeze and the dim light of the fire was making it tough for both of them to look away from each other.

One moment they were mocking each other and the subsequent moment, their eyes met with untainted passion. There was plethora of sentiments playing in both their eyes that both of them just forgot their surrounds.

It was not that they both hate each other, nah, it wasn't. Lucius was undoubtedly fascinated to her or to put it simply, intrigued by her. He has mixed feeling for her and one of them was concern.

He was very much worried for her, liked taunting her and his eyes always grasped a secret picture of her beauty when she wasn't aware of.

Looking deeply into her half opened eyes, he slowly slithered his tongue out and ran it along her lips. His action was so sudden that not only stunned Madonna but also Lucius.

The feel of his lips on hers beget a new beat to her cold heart. As the wet goodness touched her dry lips, sparks of sweet and sour taste bubbled inside her insides.

Dear Heavens, what a sweet tongue he hid inside the pungent mouth!

Her eyes involuntarily closed as his tongue briefly touched the sides of her lips giving her a sequence of sparks while he received a sweet moan of goodness that healed his ears.

Startled by the sound that left her throat Madonna, she jerked back from her haze as the thought of Lucius' death struck in her mind.

What was she doing?

How could she have let her sentiments for him overwhelm her wisdom? Her affection was poisonous that shall kill her husband.

She was trying very much hard to hold back the affection she has for him by giving him a hard time yet the fall and intimacy between their lips brought them closer.

Madonna cleared her throat, pushing Lucius from her and that was when Lucius was back to the reality. Clearing his throat himself, he slowly stood up with one last glance into her deep eyes.

He offered his hand to the still lying Madonna and saw her hesitating for a moment before she took the hand and stood up slowly.

Both of them turned their backs to each other and collected themselves before turning back to their path.

Although the moment of sweet intimacy was passed, the air around them was still warm and swoony. Lucius was still awed by the shiver a small touch from her created in him. It was something he hasn't experienced before.

He had fair share of women in his bed but by no means had he felt the shiver of ecstasy he experienced with just a touch of her lips.

Madonna felt the silence between them unnerving as she waited for him talk something to gain her attention like always. One glance at him, she gathered that it was just as unnerving to him as her so to wipe the uneasy silence between them, she raked her mind to talk something; anything.

"Prophecy." She cleared her throat again as she successfully gained his attention. "There was prophecy that a man shall die and shall come back to life again with a dark energy but a calm heart. It was said that the man shall be the origin of the new variety of mystical beings and that would be all because of a woman." Madonna answered as she reeled back to the time when she had to be stone hearted to not be an obstacle in fate's path.

"That was Lord Xander." Madonna nodded to her husband's statement as she continued to clarify.

"Knox somehow knew of the prophecy and did not want it to happen as the man who shall come back from hell shall be much more powerful than him or your father. But he did not know the woman who the prophecy mentioned was Ella herself. You know there is a rule in the nature, My Lord. One who shall lose everything shall receive it back in a best way possible." Madonna recalled how the poor maiden Ella had to loose her family for the cruel rites of Knox and his village.

"You know how Knox Garrick is. He can do anything to get what he desired and the easy prey he saw was Ella. He killed her family to get her vulnerable and that was how he is. It was only when I was well aware of the whole situation that I asked him to get Ella married to a corpse as I was well aware of the Prophecy and in those years in the village, I realized that Ella was the one. So I had to mislead him so Ella could suffer a little more but in the end she shall receive what she deserved." Lucius nodded as he got the gist of the whole tale from what she told him.

At that time, Madonna knew the new young Lord was Ella's husband and the man Prophecy noted about so it was her own effort to mislead Knox into giving him a remedy of breaking the virtue of Ella out of a relation bonds as she knew the Lord would not keep still when it comes to his notice.

Lucius was right, she was selfish but she never wanted to get an innocent involved in her game.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hello Sweeties,

Next chapter is here. Enjoy!

How is the chapter? Interesting?

Finally they kissed. Yay!

They are feeling warm for each other and their affection for each other is increasing.

What do you think about Madonna's side of the story?

Madonna was actually helping Ella. Isn't that good?

Madonna is not that cold and cruel that she seemed to be. Yes?

Please shower me with votes and comments.

Share my books with your friends.

Lots of Love

Lady Prim