the night that changed things

Author's Note

hi, please ignore the weird title. this one shot is something that randomly popped into my head. it's fun to read (i hope!). please let me know what you think about it. love x

---------

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT," Anika grumbled as she pushed back her damp hair away from her face. They were soaked to the bone and as they entered inside the hotel building, the rush of cold air made Anika shiver. "Don't know why I agreed to come with you," she cribbed to herself as she dragged her suitcase behind her.

Shivaay followed her with a scowl. "Yeah, Anika, why did you agree? If you hadn't agreed then you could have saved both of us some trouble," he replied in a terse tone that made Anika glare at him. He spoke like he hadn't agreed when her parents asked him if he would drop her to Pune or not. And yet, here he was, pretending to be innocent when he was anything but.

She angrily walked up to the counter with Shivaay on her heels and the man behind the counter switched from his bored face to an amicable one. She was glad he was smiling or she was at least seventy percent sure she would sock him in the face.

The only person who Anika wanted to hit at the moment was Shivaay Singh Oberoi. It was his goddamn fault that they had to search for a hotel at two in the fucking night in the harsh downpour.

It was because of him that Anika had to open the trunk of the car and dig around in her suitcase for her power bank because, oh, the mighty Shivaay didn't believe in charging his phone for himself. He grumbled about Khanna being irresponsible as he fumbled with his phone to get a signal and turn on the navigation. And since he had never known how to be okay with not getting his way, Shivaay had thrown his phone in frustration. Along with the car keys.

Anika had just shut the trunk and since the car auto-locked, she heard the unmistakable sound of it being locked.

Fifteen minutes later, they found nothing but dust and stone. They were locked out of their car and just their good luck, it started pouring.

"Well, fuck my life," Anika had grumbled.

So they were here now. With everything damp from head to toe. Anika felt sorry for the carpet the water was dripping onto.

"A nice room, please," she said to the manager or whatever John's--the name tag read--position was.

"A minute, mam," he said and began to work on the computer screen in front of him. Anika leaned over the counter and threw a quick glance at Shivaay who was standing two feet away with his hands shoved in pockets.

He was wearing a light pink shirt and after being soaked, it clung perfectly to his muscles. No matter how much the guy annoyed Anika, she could never deny that he didn't have a body to look at. He was, undeniably, sexy. It was almost impossible to not feast her eyes on him because Shivaay Singh Oberoi looked delicious.

Anika shook her head as the thoughts of doing things to him, new things she hadn't tried the last time, filled her mind. No, she was not doing this.

Shivaay had been way too much to handle the last time. After the drunken one-night-stand, they had a couple of months ago, he had turned even more obnoxious. The guy seemed to think she liked him! As if! It was outrageous how cocky he was about everything. It was the reason Anika despised his guts.