love, healing and other sappy shit

(i wrote this for a competition once and found it sometime ago. i kind of like this so here you go. please comment so i can know your thoughts on this one.

love ya x)

love, healing and other sappy shit like that

IF THERE WAS one thing Omkara was sure about in months, it was the fact that he was done with this year. He couldn't be happier that the torturous year was coming to an end. The year had been long, way too long than he liked. And it was certainly not a good year.

This year had been all about heartbreaks, toxic shit, realizing some things were not meant to be.

He was done with accepting people back in his life. Because Omkara was quickly realizing that some things were meant to happen but not meant to be. So, he was not going to readily take everyone back just because they realized their mistakes. He should have done this months ago. But he didn't. And he knew he was the one who allowed people to step all over his heart again and again. He was the one who broke his own heart.

But this was a new beginning. So this was going to be the beginning of a new Omkara. This Omkara wasn't going relapse, he was not going to accept Ridhima with open arms. He was going to listen to his family and make them happy.

It would make him happy.

This Omkara would heal his broken heart on his own. He would tape it and even if it was cracked at some sides, he didn't care. He was going to do this on his own.

With his mind made up, Omkara decided that he would end 2018 on a good note. And what better way than a party?

He got up and walked swiftly to his brother's room. He knew Shivaay was frustrated with him for six to seven months but he was ready to make it up to him. He knocked on Shivaay's door and he heard soft chuckles inside then. He rolled his eyes. It wasn't unusual to find Shivaay romancing his girlfriend in every corner now and he knew Shivaay was doing the same right now. It took Shivaay five minutes to open the door and Omkara figured it was because he was trying to look presentable. But little did Shivaay know that he couldn't hide things from his brother, especially not from the older and sensible one.

He pushed past him and waved to Anika who was lounging on the couch. “Hi, Anika. What's up?”

“I'm good. What about you?” Anika questioned breezily though Omkara didn't miss how her voice sounded dry and husky. Well, he hadn't been wrong...

“Well, can't say I haven't been better,” he mumbled and turned to Shivaay who was strapping his watch around his wrist. “You were right, Shivaay.”

“I mostly am. But what is this about?” he raised his eyebrows for Omkara to spill the beans.

“Why are you like this?” Omkara cocked his head and saw Anika rolling her eyes.

“My kink is when people admit when I am right, baby. And you know you love me.” Shivaay smirked and Omkara watched as his future bhabhi blushed a deep shade of red.

“Can't deny that.” If this was Ridhima, she would have said that it was too early. Even though Omkara had dated her for two years, fallen head over heels in love with her, she would have said it was still early for love. And here was Anika and Shivaay. Two people who were barely dating for three months.