9.Knowing Each Other

Dt:26/02/2020

Khushi walked into the kitchen to find that Annie was cleaning the utensils.

“How can I help you Mrs.raizada?” asked Annie to see khushi.

“I want to prepare lunch, help me in finding the ingredients” replied khushi.

Nodding Annie showed the ingredients asked by khushi.

“please call me khushi, not Mrs. raizada” requested khushi.

“Ok khushi dear” replied Annie.

Khushi started preparing potato curry and chapatis for lunch.

“Arnavji, lunch is ready,” said khushi walking into the living room.

She arranged the dining table and they started having lunch in comfortable silence.

“It is tasty” complimented arnav.

“Thank you arnavji” she gave her best smile. Arnav's heart skipped its beat with her smile.

“Khushi we will have dinner at the restaurant,” said arnav.

Khushi nodded, arnav left to his study to get engrossed in work.

Khushi took a tour of their house to pass her time. At last, she opted to watch a movie as she was bored.

At night arnav entered their room only to find that khushi was engrossed in watching television. He settled beside her.

“You work got completed?” asked khushi sensing his presence and switched off the television.

“Yes, what we're watching?” asked arnav.

“Movie, I was bored,” said khushi pouting. He laughed at her.

“Get ready for dinner” announced arnav.

Nodding she rushed to the closet to get ready, after half an hour they started to go to a restaurant.

Throughout the journey, khushi kept gazing outside the window experiencing the night beauty of Albany. Arnav was stealing glances at her frequently while driving.

“This city is beautiful beyond my imagination, Arnavji,” said khushi.

“Yes, It is beautiful,” said Arnav glancing at her.

They arrived at Indian restaurants, the waiter guided them to their reserved table, the table was at the corner facing the big window from there the whole city was visible. Khushi was in awe seeing the city which was glowing in the night lights.

A waiter placed the menu, Arnav ordered chicken biryani, and khushi looked at him with shock.

“What happened to you?” asked Arnav, observing her shock expression.

“Your family is pure vegetarian right then why are you eating chicken?” asked khushi.

“I know mom won't allow that's why I am eating here and you know I and dad are big fans of chicken biryani, she don't know about it, whenever dad comes to New York he cooks biryani for me, we enjoy eating it,” said arnav with a smile.

khushi nodded smiling. “What do you want to order?” asked arnav.

Khushi hesitated to answer, “What happened khushi?” asked arnav observed her.

“I want to eat chicken biryani” whispered khushi.

“What?” asked arnav not hearing properly.

“No, I don't want to eat, I heard from my friends that it is tasty but Buaji never allowed to eat and now also I don't want it, sorry,” said khushi thinking arnav was angry.