22

Girl showing up like you ○
○ Hitting my heart without a warning ○

"I can't believe that recovering would be this hard" he said as she slowly helps him walk. "That's why, don't take a bullet for me. You know that I'm more than capable of dealing with a shot. Just to remind you, I've done that a couple of times" she said but he only frowned in response.

"But then you'll be the one to suffer from all this and I would not want you to- ow ow ow my back hurts" he suddenly hissed and they stopped. "See what I mean? I should've been the one being shot in the stomach, not you in the back. And lucky you, you're still alive. What if you died, huh? What am I supposed to do then?" she said and he sighed.

"There's more than just the feeling of needing to protect you from a shot, Jane. I just- I don't think that you deserved to be shot in the stomach when you've been suffering through most of your life. It's just not fair" he said and sighed. They walked again as she looked at him.

"I've put so many people in danger just because I do this thing you call justice. Of course I would deserve the shot, after all I've done" she said. "Those were the bad sides. Look at the good sides, you nearly lost an eye protecting your friend-" "On a mission I was supposed to go alone on" she said. "You protected me, no, you protected us from the fire-" "They only wanted me, not you" she sighed.

"You helped us get information for a mission we were on together and don't even try to deny it but you... you simply helped us get the man. You might endanger people around you but you also create a new perspective of how people could see mission and trickery. You don't fall for their traps, you just dived in and fought your way out" he said.

"And even if you really put danger to everyone you meet, you always make an effort to save them and that's enough. Now, it's someone's turn to be the one saving you, I just happened to be that someone" he shrugged. As much as she hated to admit, he was right.

She has always been doing that, with or without her realizing it. It was something she had always thought of doing just because it was her responsibility to do so, not from pity whatsoever. She had always prided herself for not letting anyone get hurt through her missions but she just had to put the one she loves the most in danger.

"If I could be honest now baby, I would take every bullet for you and I'm happy to do so" he smiled. It wasn't something forced or just a small smile, it was genuine and kind of goofy. She giggled at the sight. "Then I'll bring a shield just to make sure none of us gets hurt" she said and smiled herself.

"Are the both of you done being so loving to each other?" they heard a voice said and they turned to find his sister. "You know that we'll always be like this, jie" he grinned and she chuckled as she shook her head. "And you know that I'm completely fine with it" she said.

"I still can't believe I first found out that you were awake by the fact that she was sleeping soundly on your bed with your arms around her" she laughed and the agent's face burned crimson red. "Must admit, it was really sweet of the both of you" she chuckled and he whined at her. "Stop will you?" he said and she chuckled once more.

"No offense to the both of you, of course but really, I must admit that it was very, VERY sweet of you both" she said and he smiled. "Of course it is, right baby?" he turned to the agent next to him as she blushed a darker shade of red. It was ironic for him to be goofing off and making jokes in his condition but it's Adam Fan we're talking about.

"Seriously, stop before I start to throw up cupcakes and rainbows" she said and he laughed before wincing at the stinging pain on his back. "You okay?" she asked as she rubbed her hands on his lower back. "Pretty much fine, just not used to the slight pain whenever I move or laugh" he said.

She just chuckled and shook her head as she helped him walk again.

---

"You know, Yanjun has been telling me that the guards have been asking about how you are and when you can get to that celebration the Queen talked about" she said. "Tell them that we'll be there in a week. I think I would be able to recover well by then" he said and she nodded.

"I'll make sure to tell Yanjun that the next time I see him" she said, laying down next to him as she clung onto his frame. He had a hand in her hair as his arm was draped over her waist. Silence took over for a while before the agent spoke again.

"I'm sorry" she said and he looked at her quizzically. "I was the reason you were shot and had to go through all this pain. What if... what if we hadn't made it in time? What if you died? What would I be able to do then, die from the guilt?" she rambled on and on. He sighed as he knew that she would once again bring up the topic of his injuries and how she was the reason behind his suffering.

"Hey, Jane, baby" he called out and she stopped as she looked at him. "What matters is that I'm alive and well, besides, it's not like it's the deadliest thing I've ever faced. The deadliest thing I've faced left traces which I think would stay for eternity" he said.

"What is it?" she asked, puzzled at the sudden confession. He smiled at her question. Although she was an agent, she could be pretty oblivious at times.

"You, you came in my life and wrecked my heart so bad that you would be left in it forever"