19

○ Eliminating you tell me how babe ○

"Adam..." she called out, her knees weak as she saw the love of her life taking a bullet for her, the little piece of metal piercing through his lower back. He winced at the burning pain but he breathed through it. "C-ChengCheng..." the agent said in worry as she dropped to her knees and he did too.

"Come on, there's no time to waste. Keep pressure on his wound, get in the car. We're going to my place" a woman the agent recognized but wasn't acquainted to said. She nodded nonetheless and dashed off to the car despite her injured and weak self. She knew that she had to stay strong for her dearest lover. 

She helped him in the car as she kept her hand on his wound, the guard holding her hand as he gritted his teeth. "Stay strong for me baby" she whispered and got inside the car as well and it sped off. He was slowly losing consciousness and she was getting more worried by the minute.

"If I don't make it-" "No, don't say that. You will make it, I know you will" she said. "Just know that I love you Jane, more than anything else" he smiled and his eyes closed as she let her tears stream down her face. "Stay with me, please" she sobbed and his sister looked over her shoulder for a second, feeling sorrow for her and at her brother.

They soon arrived at her enormous mansion and the guards helped in getting J and ChengCheng out of the car. BingBing had a doctor in her mansion for a reason and he was immediately brought to the doctor. "He was shot by a rifle on his lower back. Fix him up please" she said and he nodded, disappearing into the operating room where he and two nurses will do the surgery.

"You need patching up yourself" she said as she saw her brother's lover seated on a chair in the living room. She had a first aid kit in her grip, one she took from the cabinet upstairs. "You're wounded pretty badly, what did he do to you?" she asked as she got the antiseptics ready.

"He basically abused me, whipped me, lashed out his anger on me, nothing too bad. The worst was a dagger cutting through the skin of my arm, just that" she said and the sister nodded. She was particularly interested to her brother's lover, she just seemed to have so many stories behind that mask.

J hissed as the cotton swab came into contact with an open wound, one M placed just this morning. But it didn't hurt much, at least not more than the worry she felt for her lover at the moment. "You know, ChengCheng really loves you. I could tell by the way he spoke over the phone to ask me if I could help him get you out of there" she chuckled.

"And I love him, so much. It's ironic for me to say so as I barely even know him but believe me when I say that because I really do" she said. "I know, it's bare for people to see. The way you stare at his eyes, the way your tears fell when he fell unconscious, the way your hand held his, it was so obvious. But I don't mind, I'm happy my brother found a woman like you" she smiled.

The agent smiled as well as she finished patching her up. "Don't move too much, the wounds will open again if you do so and it'll hurt a lot more. Guards, you can report to the palace first if you'd like. Tell Her Majesty everything that happened and take M with you, he'll be taken into custody" she said and the guards nodded.

"What about J and HQ?" Yanjun asked. "I'll take care of them, they're my family" she smiled and the agent found herself smiling wider. "If you say so. I'll go back with the others, see you soon" he said and left the mansion. "Do you think my brother will be fine?" she asked and J nodded.

"Trust me, I know he will be fine. He's a strong man although I haven't known him for long but yes, he's a strong one" she said and the sister felt her heart warm at her words. She was afraid that what happened in the past would happen again this time, afraid that her brother might have to go through the same pain twice, maybe even more painful this time.

But all those thoughts flew out the window when she heard his lover's sincere words. She knew that he was going to be happy with her, that he was in good hands. Most importantly, she knew that he had finally found someone who would love him for who he is, not for what he has, someone who would love him till the end of time.

"I trust my brother with you. He may be a stern and serious one but he's an affectionate goofy man in private" she said and the agent chuckled, knowing that her words were true despite not being able to be affectionate with him yet. "I'll take care of him, no matter the situation. You have my word" she said and the sister smiled.

"Ma'am, we've successfully removed the bullet from his lower back. He's in a stable condition and he will be moved to the guest room" the doctor suddenly appeared and said. "Thank you, are there any effects the shot put on him?" she asked and he nodded. "The bullet had hit a nerve on his lower back which would make him unable to walk properly for some time. Therapy should help him but he will need help" he said.

"And we have help. Thank you for the information, doctor" she said and he nodded and bowed before he left. "So, do you think you can take up the task of taking care of him for the next few months?" she asked and the agent smiled at her.

"You didn't have to ask, I would've done it without a doubt"