Dema lets out a shaky sigh, as her eyes focus on one target. The black wolf, calmly watching from behind, as he orders the rest around— to attack, to kill. She exhales deeply, feeling the familiar tingle at her fingertips. Feeling energy start coursing through her body. Feeling a large wave of power, emerge from within her soul, and flow throughout her.

A rather loud grunt suddenly echoes louder into her brain. She whips her head to the side as if she somehow sensed his presence. There, by the deck, she could see a grey wolf towering over Jasper. His golden curls flew around, as he desperately fought against Paul's wolf form. In one swift move, Paul tackles Jasper to the ground, pinning him against it.

His jaw opens, ready to bite.

Ready to kill.

There's no time to think, or even react, as Dema darts towards the two immortals. Without even thinking, she jumps over the railing of the deck, effortlessly landing beside Paul. She summons as much strength as she could manage in her human form, as she pushes Paul away from Jasper.

Paul tumbles to the floor, quickly looking up at Dema furiously.

"You—can't— touch—him!" Dema pants, as she exclaims through greeted teeth.

Paul jumps to his feet, ready to attack at any second. Jasper immediately places himself in front of Dema, making quick— yet, disapproving— eye contact.

"Get back inside," Jasper whispered. "I'm serious, Dema. I-"

"No! You don't understand," Dema pushed away Jasper, walking towards Paul with a determined gaze. "You can't lay a finger on him."

At this, Edward turned his head towards Dema. His eyes widened in realization, as a small smirk appeared on his lips. Jasper, noticing this, turns back to Dema, even more confused than before.

Paul snarled at her, bearing his teeth threateningly. He jumped over her, heading right towards a confused-looking Jasper Hale, behind Dema.

At the last second, Dema managed to grab hold onto Paul's neck and pulled him towards her. He landed against her, with a loud thud, making her fall beneath him. His furious growls turned into annoying ones.

He got up, taking a quick glance down at Dema, but right before he could manage to do anything, Jasper slammed his body against his. They crashed against a tree, Paul on top of Jasper, looking down at him with a starving glare. Panic flashed through Jasper's eyes, desperately looking for Dema.

Paul moved his head back, ready to attack.

"I imprinted on him!" Dema's voice crackled through the forest. Like a sudden, deafening thunder, everyone fell silent with shock. "I—I imprinted on Jasper Whitlock Hale." She said, this time softly. "I imprinted on a vampire."

"What?" Jasper managed to say, as Paul's hold softened on him. "Wh-How did you... I don't underst-"

Dema avoided Jasper's utterly puzzled gaze, as she fixed hers on Paul.

"It was the Wraith's doing. The curse somehow linked our destinies once I phased." Dema started explaining, and Paul's growls and snarls turned into silence. She also noticed that a few heads turned their way, clearly listening through Paul's thoughts, but otherwise, they kept on struggling with Edward and Alice. "I never asked for this, Paul. I never intended for any of this to happen..." Her voice came out shaky, as she finally gathered enough courage to meet Jasper's gaze. "But, I could never regret it. Because I love him. I love him like I've never loved anyone or anything. I love him so much, that it hurts." Jasper's mouth fell ajar, his mind went numb, as he tried his hardest to process Dema's confession. "So, don't make me choose, Paul. Because he'll always be the answer." Dema turned to the grey wolf, as he straightened his spine and walked towards her. "I won't let you lay a finger on him. You will not hurt any of them! Because, as far as I'm concerned, they're the only family I've got left."