On Lapcident

"Fuck off Reed, I don't need your opinion..." I say walking backwards away from the breakroom where Reed currently is. "I was just saying-" "Nope, I never asked for your input on my life decisions." I interrupt him and despite my better judgement, continue to walk backwards. The next two steps I take change my whole attitude. As I take my second step back I accidently place my foot on the leg of a rolling chair. I slip back but instead of my ass hitting the cold, hard tile it lands safely in someone's lap.

I turn my head to see whose lap I landed on, half expecting it to be Hank. Instead of the grumpy older male I see the gentle face of Connor staring back at me in shock. My face immediately goes bright pink as I realize how close our faces are. We stare into each other's eyes for a moment before I fully realize the situation I'm in and I stumble to get to my feet. I slip a bit on my way to stand and I fall on my ass. But the impact is lessened by Connor, who grabbed me and tried to help me hit the floor gentler. It helped a bit but not enough so that my butt isn't sore from the tiling.

I stand slower this time and gain my balance, rubbing my hurt butt in the process. "Thanks for trying to help Connor. I guess I'm just too clumsy to help..." I smile awkwardly and run the back of my neck. Connor smiles up at me from his chair and stands, towering over me. "You're not so bad, besides maybe I like helping to out." he winks before walking off to greet Hank at the entrance of the DPD.

So... um... sorry for just dropping off the face of the earth... its just that i haven't been writing at all and now that i am i'm gonna end all the books i have no motivation for. which includes this one and another one... i will be posting the last few chapters i had written for this book because i wanna leave you guys with something nice. anyways, i really am so sorry to be giving this news rn but i have to.