4

Teagan

A hand rubbing up and down my back caused my to open my eyes slowly. Tilting my head slightly and seeing Matt, I blushed in embarrassment.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep". I started to sit up, only he gently grabbed my hand, stopping me from moving.

"There is no need to apologize Teag" I laid my head back down on his chest. His fingers traced up and down my arm in a soothing manner.

"Thanks for being here. It really means a lot Matt" interlocking our hands, he wrapped his other arm around my waist, pulling me into his chest. A kiss being placed on the top of my head

"It's what we do. We help each other out. There is no place I would rather be" blushing, I turned my body so I can look at him without twisting my neck. His bright blue eyes piercing into mine.

After a few minutes we finally got off the couch. Letting Matt look at my wrist and the back of my neck to see how bad the bruises were. "They might hurt a little if you move them wrong but it looks all good to me."

We talked for a while as I made breakfast for the two of us. I mean he did stay over to keep me company. I have to feed him, besides I was able to spend more time with him. He tried to leave, saying he didn't want to impose, I of course persuaded him to stay. By persuade I mean, gave him a look that literally said to sit down.

"We have a overnight shift right?" I asked as I was turned to the stove. I can multitask, but I'm trying not to burn the pancakes.

"Yeah. I would ask to see if you wanted to stay home, but being the stubborn person you are, I already know the answer." Quickly twisted my head towards him, I gave him a cheeky smile.

"Gotta keep the Squad boys in check. Severide would cause havoc without his second in command." Laughing in agreement, I placed a plate of pancakes in front of him.

I watched him take a bite, his eyes widening. A small moan escaped his lips. Laughter escaping my lips at his face. "Why haven't you made these at the firehouse. All the guys would be kissing your feet"

"Well no one usually wants breakfast foods and calls just ruin the idea of doing it" twisting the bar stood to face me, he grabbed my shoulders.

"You are a queen" smiling at the compliment, I let him eat the pancakes. I was about to start washing dishes but his hand grabbed mine bringing me towards him. Pressing a kiss to my cheek, he let me go. "Had to show my appreciation"

Blushing, I cupped his cheek. A emotion passed through his eyes. "Well I appreciate you having my back"

Finally pulling away from the moment, he started to make his way out of the apartment. Leaning on the door frame, I watched him make his way to his car. "See you in a few hours Lincoln. Remember you are making those pancakes"

Shaking my head chuckling, I waved him off. Closing the door behind me, I blushed madly. That man sure knows how to make a woman feel special.

Straightening up the apartment, I got ready to go on shift. Packing a change of clothes and stuffing it in my duffle, I grabbed the keys and phone, venturing my way out of the apartment.

A pair of arms wrapped around my neck and a feeling of someone jumping on me, almost caused me to fall. Quickly grabbing their legs, the laugh of Sylvie could be heard. "Superwoman I tell you"

To lazy to shrug the energetic blonde off, I carried her inside. By that point, my legs felt like jell-o. "Sylv, I love you but you got to get off". The moment the extra woman was off my back, I could take a deep breath.