<29>

<><>

Jaemin slumped in his chair, twirling his pencil around his fingers. He bit his lip in concentration, his Home Ec. work was practically impossible. They were assigned to pay fake student loans, and it was hard as frick to Jaemin. And that's saying something.

Jaemin puts his pencil down and rubs his eyes, deciding to take a break. He mutters a quiet 'come in' when someone knocks on his door.

"Hey kid." Jaemin turns, seeing both Jaehyun and Taeyong standing in his doorway. Jaemin raises an eyebrow as his brother and Jaehyun sit on his bed. "We need to talk." Taeyong pats the empty space beside him.

Jaemin didn't like where this was going at all, but he sits anyways. "What's up?"

"It's nothing crazy or bad or anything, we'll just be cutting down on your allowance for a bit. Money is kinda tight right now..." Taeyong sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"The business is pretty small already, but the tourist season is over and not many people are coming in." Jaehyun adds, rubbing his boyfriend's back.

Jaemin's eyes widen. "I can start working again if you-"

"No Jaemin!" Taeyong raises his voice making the boy freeze. Jaehyun leans down whispering something in Taeyong's ear. He raises his head after a moment. "Sorry Jae...but no, me and Hyun can't have you working again. I can't be scared like that again." He looks up to his younger brother, tears brimming his eyes.

"Hyung, I can do it, please. I've been feeling great! Please, I can help out again!" Jaemin says hopefully.

"Jaemin, kid, we really can't have you working. If something were to happen, if it were to reappear, we wouldn't have the money to cover the medical bills. And we can't ask anything of Taeil, because he's saving up for him and Jisung. I'm sorry, but you really can't."

Jaemin looks at his lap. He wanted to help his brother so bad, but him and his stupid condition couldn't do anything. Nothing at all. He was practically useless at this point. "Please.." His voice was barely a whisper. "Please let me work. Don't let me and my medical issue get in the way. I want to help...please hyung..."

Taeyong stands and sighs, Jaehyun follows him. "I'm sorry Jae..." he pauses in the doorway. "Dinner will be ready soon." And with that, the two boys leave Jaemin's room. He sits on his bed, tears threatening to fall. Him and his stupid medical problems. He was always causing his brother and Jaehyun trouble with it. Jaemin was so fed up with the doctor appointments and medicine. He just wanted to be normal.

Jaemin sighs and goes back to his desk. He picks up his pencil and goes back to twirling it between his fingers, trying to figure out his homework.

<><>

Jaemin had been giving Taeyong a very gloomy cold shoulder. He wouldn't talk to his brother that much and would just stay in his room. Taeyong noticed this, of course, but he really couldn't do much. He couldn't have Jaemin hurting himself. Taeyong couldn't have his brother hospitalized. Not again.

So he finds himself, Jaehyun, and Jaemin all driving to Jaemin's doctor; to see if the boy could get clear to work again.

<><>

"Jaemin, it's been a few weeks. How are you?" Mr. Jeong says smiling, like always. Jaemin smiles back and sits on the medical bed. Taeyong and Jaehyun take the two chairs in the corner. "Alright," Mr. Jeong starts, taking out his clipboard. "What brings you in today? Did something happen?"

"Not really Yunho...We're in a tight place financially and Jaemin wants to start working again, but we thought we should get the clear from you. I really don't want another incident." Taeyong says, holding Jaehyun's hand tightly.

Yunho nods, writing something on his clipboard. "I see. Well, this does mean that we'll need to take him back for a couple tests. If he really wants to start working-"

"Which I do!" Jaemin interrupts.

Yunho smiles. "I'm sure you do Jaemin, but we will need to make sure everything is working properly. And extra precautions will need to be taken since I haven't seen you in a while."

"As long as I can help Taeyong and Jaehyun hyung, then I'll do anything." Jaemin states passionately. He didn't want to be a burden, to be useless. Sure, getting a job again could put him in excruciating pain, but he didn't care. If it helped Taeyong, then Jaemin would do it.

"Alright then. Follow me." Yunho exits the room and Jaemin follows behind. Taeyong turns to his boyfriend, worry written on his face.

"He'll be ok, right? He won't get hurt again, right?"

"He'll be fine Yongi. Trust me."

"I hope so."

<><>

<Ok I made this pretty short cuz I got some GOOD SHIT coming up ;)) also, medical problem?? Hospitalization? What's going on, oh I wonder :)) lmao okieeee see you soon my Lovelies>