18: She's With Him

Start from the beginning

She hit my arm a bit harshly and it was quite painful with the sound it made. "Eomma..it hurts!", I exclaimed.

"Of course I like to see you around the house on a day like this but I don't like what you're doing now.", she said as she grabbed my phone from my hands.

"Why, eomma??", I questioned her.

She did something on my phone and only showed the screen to me which has Chaeyoung's contact details on it.

"Chaeyoung's number. Why?", I asked innocently.

"Give her a call.", mom said to me. I frowned at her words.

I asked her to repeat what she said and she did repeat it.

"No, it's weekend..."

"And she's working today. Maybe you should give her a call and ask how she's doing. You two haven't met for a week, right?", she asked and I shook my head. "Only five days, not a week yet.", I corrected her and she hit my arm again.

"I said call her. If not, I'll call her for you. Choose.", my mom gave me choices which I did not feel like choosing. I knew she might be worried about me and Chaeyoung. Especially when I asked her to inform Chaeyoung for my absent this week from working at the bakery.

It is not that I did not want to go there but I needed time. I needed time to build up my strength to see Chaeyoung again and maybe gather up some courage to apologize to her. But, my mind is messed up. Is there even anything I need to apologize for? She really said 'I love you' to me first and I said the same thing. Was I wrong? I'm confused.

"Jungkook, choose one. What will you do?", my mom's voice made my thoughts disappear. I nodded to my mom before I speak, "I will...go to the bakery and see her. Okay, eomma?"

I took my phone as I see she is letting go of it. "You're going there now?", she asked. "Hmm, I think it's better to see her face to face. I haven't seen her for a week, right?", I said to her back before she gave me a light punch to my shoulder. "You said five days!", she angrily told me and I laughed at it.

"Well, it's five days but you said a week so...", I quickly ran away before she can hit me more for teasing her like that.

❤❤❤

I purposely parked my car far away from the bakery as I am still thinking if what I am doing is right. Come to the bakery, see her and then...I don't know. Do I say sorry or just pretend nothing happened between us? How will she react after not seeing me these five days? I have a lot going on in my mind.

While I was wondering, the window is knocked from outside and I saw two kids standing out there with a smile. I rolled down the window and said 'yes' to them before seeing that the taller one is holding a basket of roses. The shorter one, probably the sister is holding a basket of breads.

"Hello there, ahjusshi. We sell some breads and flowers. Would you like to buy one?", the girl asked me.

"Aigoo, you speak so well but don't call me ahjusshi. I'm not that old. Call me oppa.", I said as I patted the girl's head.

"If I call you oppa, will you buy my bread?", she asked fluently. I can't help chuckling. "Buy a rose too, hyung!", the big brother said as he showed me the roses he got in the basket.

I nodded before asking the boy if he knows the meaning of the different colours of roses. "Yes!", he shouted enthusiastically before proceeding with the explanation.

"Red rose, a symbol of love and passion. Do you have a girlfriend, hyung?", he asked and I shook my head. "Oh...it's okay. You'll find one soon. If you don't have a girlfriend, you surely have friends, right?", he continued asking and I nodded this time. "Then, you can buy a yellow rose. This rose symbolizes innocence and friendship. If you want to wish your friend good luck or apologize for a mistake, this is the right colour to give your friend, hyung.", the boy explained to me. "The last one I have here is the black rose. Sadly this one is hardly sold.", the boy's face really turned gloomy as he holds the black roses which are thrice the number of the red roses.

"Why it's hard to be sold?", I asked even though I could guess that the colour displays a negative impression to it.

The boy gave a faint smile before saying, "Because the colour is full of mysteries. Most of the people see the negative things only but it has positive meanings too. You want to know what it is, hyung?"

These kids talk so well, I can't stop being amazed with them so I try to interact with them nicely. I asked the boy what positive meaning the black rose have.

"It stands for a new beginning and major changes in a good way. It gives you courage and hope even though sometimes it's hard and you feel like you're helpless in the dark. That's the positive sides of the black rose.", he told me and I nodded.

"You're so good. Both of you. I'm impressed.", I said honestly to them.

"So, will you buy anything from us, oppa?", the little sister asked.

I gave a big smile and said 'yes' to them. "Give me all the breads, all the black roses and...one yellow rose, please.", I said as they started to pack the breads and wrapped the roses in a big bouquet.

"Take this money and keep it. You two are bright for your age. I wish you two the best in your life, okay?", I said as I handed them two big notes which made their eyes go wide. "Hyung, we can't take this.", the brother said. "Our mom will scold us.", his sister followed as she extended her hand to give the money back to me.

I smiled at them. "Just take them. Tell your mom that a brother just bought all the black roses because he wants to change to be better. Okay? I'm sure she will not scold you.", I said before they thanked me several times.

I watched them as they walked away from my car before I looked at the bouquet of roses at the passenger seat. I took one of the roses and some breads with me. Then, I smiled as I have made up my mind.

I got out of my car and walked to the bakery to see Chaeyoung. I just got a feeling of something good will happen after I met those kids. Maybe what the boy said is true after all, black rose is for new beginnings and major changes. Maybe that new beginning means that I will finally begin to find true love again. Maybe that major change means I will stop being a playboy for real. Maybe...black rose is just so mysterious...because what I am seeing now is not what I expected to see.

The yellow rose slipped off from my hand. My feet stopped moving forward. My eyes felt hurt. I automatically put my hoodie on my head to cover from being recognised.

Park Chaeyoung's POV

I pouted as I looked at my watch. He said he will come at 2 but now it is 2.30 PM already. Where is he?

When I looked outside, I saw his car stopped right in front of the bakery and he got out quickly to find me in here. He was panting heavily that I barely heard him apologizing. I stayed pouting like a kid.

"You promised me half an hour ago.", I said.

He breathed in and out a few times while putting his hands together apologizing inaudibly. He sure was trying to get here as fast as he can, I laughed seeing him taking his breather.

"I'm...so...sorry.", he said. "Traffic...was bad. Please...forgive me.", he added.

I pretended to be mad and gave him an annoyed look. Then, I walked out of the bakery leaving him and he followed me before pulling me by the waist to face each other's eyes.

"I'm...sorry.", he said as he took out something from his the back pocket of his jeans. I frowned before I see it clearly. A red rose. In his shaky hand.

"Fine, I accept your apology.", I took the rose and sniffed it. "Now, can you drive or I'll be the one driving?", I asked him as I held his arm close to mine.

❤❤❤

Uh oh, she's not with Jungkook. He feels broken now...who's going to fix him? 😭

Anyway, Rosé's voice in Sour Candy...and her lines...I'm dead! 😅

🤗🤗