Home at Last

Larry

"You no remember me?"

"You look like me but I no know you." Lau shrugs, looking sad fr not remembering any of us. I couldn't say it was ok because it wasn't I couldn't take that. Without saying another word, I smile at him and I exit the room, heading back towards the car and locking myself inside. All the pain, the last smidgen of hope I had left had broken the damn tears I had been holding back for the past month in a half erupted. I broke down unable to stop from hyperventilating. Everything hurts but the pain I can't live with is my heart. I had lost my other half, and even if it's temporary it's going to feel like an eternity.........

Cyn

"I'm sorry, he mad at me?" Lau asked looking concerned.

"No he's just a little sad that's all, you are very important to him and he feels like he's failed you as a brother."

"Oh well what happen!" He asked alarmed.

"You got hit by a car." Elle whimpers.

"And who are you?

"I'm Elle, that's Lisa and Cyn."

"Like Cynthia?" I quizzed glancing over to me.

"No like Cynter as in center of a table or centerfold."

"Beautiful name is different and cute, like you." I thank him and he smiles slowly getting out of bed.

"But is no spell like that right?"

"No, it's spelled like c-y-n-t-e-r."

"Cute." He winked at me and headed toward the door when the doctor appeared.

"I see your awake, however you all seem unhappy, I take it you realized a slight loss of memory?" Lau rolled his eyes brushing past the doctor to head to the bathroom. One characteristic that didn't seem to falter was his I don't care attitude. The girls and I nod and ask how long before his memory will return.

"It depends. In most cases it will take I few weeks maybe even as short as a couple days. But in some cases, it could become severe, taking years regain memory loss, of he may never regain it at all. You never know with these kinds of things. Fortunately his condition is quite acute so you don't have to worry so much."

"When will he be able to come home?" Elle asks.

"Well his vitals are good no more seizures and oxygen levels are obviously great so he'll be discharged today. However someone needs to monitor him periodically just to see how he's adapting."

~*~

Once we arrived home Laurent was greeted by his mother who he polity hugged and acknowledged as his mom although he didn't remember I don't think he had the heart to say he didn't remember her I mean who would? That you be devastating to a mother.

"There's an empty room at the very end of the stairs to your left." I announce getting stared on dinner. Larry decides to help me and I appreciate it but the tension radiating from him was making me uncomfortable.

"Larry?"

"Yes?"

"Will you be ok with Lau here without his memory?"

"Cyn, he my brother I'm fine." He smiles and takes the plates from my hands.

"I go set table, keep eye on the noodles for me." He kissed me on the fore head and walks towards the dining room. I knew he wasn't entirely ok. He'd been moping around for the past three weeks, at least he was eating and speaking now. I know he was going through the massive motions of his feelings and he needed sometime because no one was closer to him than he was so I understood if he needed time as long he wasn't slipping six feet under with depression. I take the noodles off the stove and pass them to Lylah, going up to Lau's room to let him know dinner was ready. I knock on the door and pushed it open. Lau lay on the bed listen to a song I wasn't familiar with.

"Hey dinners ready."

"Okii." He smiles while approaching the door. I turn and something catches my eye. My painting of the hollow angel sat tucked by his bag by the bathroom door and I stop, staring at it.

"What's wrong?"

"That painting, was it already in here?"

"Yeah it was laying on the bed, you name Cynter right?"

"Yes." His eyes beamed as he gripped me by my arms pulling me into him.

"You amazing, I love you art...." He smiles. I thank him hiding the blush that obviously appeared on my face. The clearing of someone's throat shifted my attention towards the door where Larry stood.

"What you doing?" He asked eying my with an uncertain expression. Lau drops his arms and walks ahead to step by Larry.

"I just tell her she really good at art."

"Yeah the best." They both look at me and smile. Elle yells for us and Lau immediately flys out of the room to get downstairs. I stroll out of the bedroom when Larry catches my hand.

"Is hurt don't it?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I deny. I wasn't open to talk about how devastated I was by Lau losing his memory, sulking wasn't going to make it come back so, as I always did, I stuffed my broken heart in a closet that I never wanted to open.

"Cyn, is ok if you be sad. I know you try to stay strong for me but now is my turn."

"It's ok I'm fine. It's ok if he doesn't remember us, it's ok If he gets lost when we talk about things that he doesn't remember, it's ok if he might be stuck like that forever!"

"Baby we get through this together, is hard but we be ok, I promise." I hope so because although I was positive that Laurent's memory would soon return, each day until then would be excruciating hard to get by. At least he was home, with a family which he considered strangers.......