Hanging On

Laurent

Ok just one dance, then back in bed, one dance that's all.

I had been in the hospital for almost a month, missed three workshops and four club events. Larry had done them all by himself. I feel bad, for some reason they won't let me leave. I told them I'm completely fine but they still keeping me under surveillance. This shit sucks and sitting in the bed is driving me crazy. I can't walk around by myself, can't piss by myself, it's annoying. I step out of the bed strategically removing the tubes that spew from my arm and place my foot on the ground. Breathing deeply, I select a song, in my head, letting it fill into my ears. As soon as I raise my arms, a small voice interrupted me.

"What are you doing!?!"

"I wanna open the window." I lied, turning back to face Elle that stood in the dark room.

"I'll do it Lau, sit down." She walks past me and I quickly grab her arm, pulling her closer to me.

"No, you do something else for me."

"What?" I could tell she was worried by the way she was blushing but I didn't want her, not here, having sex in a hospital is a little weird right. I smile moving her hair out of her face. she looks so stressed and tired, I felt my heart grow sad for her.

"Kiss, Elle when last time you sleep?"

"This morning." She brings my lips to hers before turning away from me, placing a bag she had been clinging onto on the table. Her phone distracts her attention and she groans.

"I'm sorry Lau I have to go get ready for work, I'll drop by a little later, and eat that. Its good, chicken and soba noodles."

"Yeah, go so you no be late." I kiss her on the forehead and push her out the door. She playfully slaps my arms indicating he could walk on her own. I watch her leave and regained my focus and planted it towards the song I was previously attempting to dance to. I start to take my first steps but shortly after, something happened, something went wrong........

Larry

Zmm.

Zmm.

Zmm.

Cyn please don't make me get the phone, please.

Zmm.

"Shit." I aimlessly pat the nightstand for my phone and realized it was under my pillow. I let out a huge sigh and answer.

"Allo?"

"Larry Bourgeois?" The woman on the other end surprised me with her formal tone and I instantly sat up against the headboard.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry to bother so early in the morning but it's about your brother Laurent."

"W-what's wrong?"

"He's been moved back in to the intensive care unit."

Cyn

The frantic ruffling of the sheets disturbs my slumber. I pry open my eyes to see Larry pacing, searching for something. Tears streamed down his face as he snatches a pair of sweats and throws on a T-shirt. He slipped on some shoes and I call for him.

"Larry, babe what's going on?" He didn't answer he just kept pacing frantically, still searching. I get out of the bed and block his way to get his attention I haven't seen him like this since the day Lau got hit. Once I catch his attention he only states not saying a word.

"What's going on, Larry you're scaring me?"

"Lau's back in ICU." He barley could get the words out before his tears returned. I couldn't say anything because I was shocked. Lau has been in the hospital for a month and he seemed to be doing fine what was wrong now? I gave Larry a hug and tried to calm him down.

"Why this happening to him? Why do he go through this again, he no deserves this pain, Cyn."

"I know, he's strong though remember that so we have to be strong too, Ok?"

"Yeah." He sniffles and releases me from our tender embrace. I tell him to wait downstairs for me while I get ready and call Liza to babysit the triplets. So much was running through my mind, I started to space out forgetting everything. Lisa finally shows and we rush to the hospital......

Larry

I couldn't handle this again, no my heart can't take stress like this. I search for Elle, knowing that she would be here because she was the only nurse that lay allowed in his room, and try to find out what is going on. When I catch her odd honey auburn hair color o quickly grab her arm.

"Oh god, you scared me!"

"Sorry, where's Lau?"

"In ICU, they're running test on him now."

"For what, Elle what's happening!?!" She opens her mouth to speak but a sickening pale woman with a jacket matching her skin color comes up to our group.

"He's seizing, quite frankly. We found him laying on the ground during one of his episodes. The concussion that he endured is causing some life threatening seizures. As of right now he's fine, he's sedated, but the seizures did a massive toll on his heart making it extremely difficult for him to breathe properly on his own." The more this woman talked the more numb and heavy my body became. There was no good news in the midst of this conversation and it was irritating me. I needed to hear that my brother was going to be ok, I needed to hear those exact words come from her lips but wasn't hearing that.

"So what does this mean, he'll be Ok right?"

"I'm not sure Ok is the right term to use at this point." The woman said sadly.

"What is going to happen to my brother?!" I asked sternly.

"If we can get the seizures to completely subside by tonight we can try to focus on regaining the strength in his heart and lungs. But if they continue, the strain on his heart and lungs will continue, making him extremely exhausted, and winded just to get out the bed thus worsening the issue. With all his dancing that he does I'm afraid he won't be able to do so."

"Wait what you mean?"

"I'm saying if these seizures continue, Mr. Bourgeois won't be able to dance anymore if he wants to stay alive.."