"So you got your baby back, huh," Travis asked coming up to my chair. I nodded and couldn't help the smile that formed on my face.

"She back like she never left," I said, smirking. He just shook his head at me.

"But she did tho, almost got her a new nigga and everything. Don't fuck this up with her because the next time she might not come back to you." I nodded my head fully understanding him. I couldn't lose Shannon ever again, it wasn't even about her body or just sex with her. We just vibe with each other and she brings the softness out of me.

Seeing somebody that I didn't recognize come into the shop, I watched as the unknown man looked like he was looking for somebody.

"You trying to make an appointment, sir?," I asked, moving away from my chair. He gave me a once over before shaking his head no.

"I'm actually looking for somebody. Does my daughter Shannon work here? Her sister Kayla informed me that she had been the last time she checked," he replied. It was my time to give him a once over now and just to say he did have some resemblance to her. I just wanted to know why he wanted to be in her life now and after leaving her and never coming back.

"Actually, she quit a few months ago and I haven't seen her since," I said lying. It wasn't really a lie just wasn't all the way true.

"Do you know where I can find her?" I shook my head. I noticed that he was getting frustrated.

"How about this? If I see her around, I'll get in touch with you. Let me get your number." Handing him a small sheet of paper and pen, he wrote his name and number down.

"Well let me get outta here. I have a meeting. It was nice meeting you." He held out his hand for me to shake and I did.

"Same to you." He nodded and then made his way out the barbershop. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding.

Let me get my ass back to work.

Shannon

6:00 P.M.

"Why the fuck are you so nervous Alana," I asked her placing my hand on her thigh to keep her from shaking it

"Why the fuck are you so nervous Alana," I asked her placing my hand on her thigh to keep her from shaking it. We were at her house right now waiting on her parents to get back to the house since they were both coming from work.

"You know how my parents are, Shannon. They might keep me out or something after this," she said damn near on the verge of tears. I understood why she was acting like this wholeheartedly.

"And if they do, there is always room for you at my place and Travis got tons of room at his house. So calm your ass down." She blew out a breath and laid back on the couch.

A few minutes later, her parents walked into the house and Alana went back to being nervous. I just sat back, chilled and relaxed. They came into the living room and gave us both hugs.

"What do we owe the pleasure of having our two favorite girls here? Alana barely comes home anymore. She tells us that she has been sleeping at your house," her mom Angelica said. I looked over at Alana who just smiled at me. This girl has been using me as her lie and ain't told me nothing.

"Yeah, I finally got myself a place of my own in Manhattan," I said shrugging my shoulders. They both nodded their heads.

"We c-came over here because I-I had to tell you guys something," she stuttered.

"Well, what is it? Don't tell me you're pregnant," her dad said. It remained quiet for a few minutes before both of their faces screwed up. "You are not keeping that damn baby. I hope you know that."

"Yes, I am. This is my body and you can't tell me what to do with it. I just thought you should know that you're going to be grandparents," Alana said. They looked at her and then me.

"Get the fuck out," he mumbled. Alana got up first and rushed out the house and I stayed behind.

"Your gonna miss out your grandchild's life, for what reason, huh? You had Alana at a young age your damn self and get over the fact that she is young. Yall fucking pathetic and ain't no damn real parents. It's a damn shame," I said before leaving the house. When I got to the car, Alana was sitting in the passenger seat crying her eyes out. I sat in the car placing my hand on her thigh which made her look up at me.

"Wipe them fucking tears, Alana. You don't need their ass, I got you and the baby. You always got me. Forever," I said to her. She nodded her head wiping the tears from her eyes getting comfortable in her seat.

We got this.

This was a very short and boring chapter. I just wanted to give you something.