Chapter 18: Fight For The Fountain

"Yer not goin'."

I sigh, exasperated.  "Hector..."

"What?"  Barbossa eyes me disapprovingly.

I roll my eyes.  "Over the past several days I have been in sword fights, I've been drugged, been strung up by my feet, thrown around by zombies, nearly drowned, shot, and fallen off a cliff."  I cross my arms.  "All this before I realized that I was with child.  So just think how careful I'll be now that I know."

Barbossa frowned.  "But yer not bein' careful.  Ye want ta fight Blackbeard."

"I just want to make sure you don't get hurt."  I glance down at his peg leg.  Anymore than you already have been.

He follows my line of sight.  "Don't worry, Sylvia, I'm not plannin' on loosin' t'other one as well."

I grit my teeth.  "You lost your right.  Planned that, did you?"

His eyes narrow, and I can see he's fighting to keep his temper in check.  "Yer stayin' here.  That's an order!"  He stalks away and I growl in frustration.

I hear him order one of the officers to make sure I don't follow him.  I snort.  Because that will work.

~

After telling the officer that I was hungry and sending him on a coconut finding quest, I snuck off through the palm trees in search of the fountain.

I finally found the cave and lifted my sword to the ceiling, glad I had overheard Jack's instructions to Barbossa.  Silently I slid up through the fog, arriving just as Barbossa was shouting at his men to attack.

I run forward, only to be met by one of Blackbeard's men.  Quick as possible I finish him off and start to make my way towards where Blackbeard and Barbossa are dueling.

Barbossa is using his sword and crutch to block blows from the magic sword, but Blackbeard kicks the crutch away and punches Barbossa in the face.

I growl.  "That dirty-"  Someone bumps into me and I turn around with my sword raised.

"You!"  Scrum is staring at me like he's seen a ghost.  "I thought Blackbeard shot you?"

"He did.  I'm not wearing my vest like this for fun."  I wiggle my elbow.  Then I see a bag tucked into his belt that is shaped suspiciously like the chalices.  I point my sword at him.  "Give me the chalices, Mr. Scrum."

"Oh no, Miss.  'Fraid I can't do tha'."  He takes a swing at me but I manage to block it.

"Scrum, the chalices!"  Angelica shouts from nearby.

Scrum tosses the sack to her while trying to keep me at bay.

"And the tear!  Follow!"  Angelica runs up the slope towards the fountain.

What is he, her dog?

Scrum slashes at me and I duck, but with the use of only one arm I become slightly imbalanced and he takes the opportunity to get away.  I recover my balance and chase after him, halting when I see that Jack has him at sword-point.  "Hand it over.  The tear.  There's a good lad."

"I'm more afraid of her 'n I am of you."  Scrum swings at him.

Their swords crash together and then Jack kicks him in the stomach, grabbing the flask containing the tear as it flies out of Scrum's grip.

Jack turns around to find Angelica pointing her sword at him.  "Hand it over."  She smirks.  "There's a good lad."

Scrum points his sword at Jack as well, and I run up to assist him.