Ruth and Elena are stood in the kitchen pouring Alice a cup of tea. Ruth is sat eating one of the bags of crisps she found in one of the cupboards.

"She found him a few minutes before we did." Rose tells the girls as she goes into the kitchen.

"How is she?"

"Overreacting. Big time." Ruth sniggers, then Elena shoots her a look.

"Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting."

"Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater." They look to Rose. "She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her." Elena grabs the tea, grabs Ruth's hand and walks to the room to see Alice. Ruth has to look away to stop herself from laughing at the crocodile tears.

"Thank you." She says after Elena gives her the tea. Ruth sits next to Elena, who sits next to Alice. "You look really familiar. Did you know Slater?" Alice asks Elena, not really paying attention to Ruth. Ruth pouts and leaves, she grabs another bag of crisps from the cupboard and opens them. She sits next to Rose and offers her one. Rose smiles and takes one to eat.

They hear Elena's voice. "What if I could convince Rose to turn you?" Ruth snorts as Rose looks to Elena in disdain.

They're stood behind Alice as she logs into his computer. "Someone's been here. The hard drive's completely wiped out."

"Yeah, probably whoever killed him." Ruth groans, but Alice speaks again. "Lucky for you, Slater was paranoid. Everything's backed up on a remote server." Ruth watches Alice get all of the files back as she tries not to laugh, Alice is helping them, but they are not going to help her. "Kristen Stewart. God, was he obvious." Ruth snorts.

They're looking at all of the files and Ruth asks. "These are all leads to vampires?"

"Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me." Rose and Ruth look to each other, Ruth pretends to shoot herself, causing Rose to laugh silently.

"What about that one? Cody Webber. They exchanged dozens of emails about Elijah."

"I could call him." Elena hands Alice the phone.

"Tell him that we're trying to send a message to Klaus. The doppelgänger is alive and she's ready to surrender, and the girl called Ruth he wants is here." Ruth chokes on her spit and turns so quickly to her sister that she nearly gets whiplash.

"What?!" Ruth and Rose shout at the same time.

"Oh, my God, I knew I recognized you." She then looks to Ruth. "Oh god, it's you." She looks to Ruth in awe.

"Get him the message, please."

Elena runs out of the room, she knows Ruth will do something. "Elena fucking Gilbert!" She runs to her sister and decks her. The two sisters roll about on the floor. Ruth is sat on top of her sister glaring down at her.

"What the fuck, Elena?" Ruth snaps, Elena looks to her in sadness.

"We needed to get Klaus' attention." Ruth glares down at her sister.

"Yeah, by offering ourselves to him on a silver platter. You might as well put a sign on us saying 'Here Klausy – Klausy, the doppelgänger and the girl you're stalking are in Mystic Falls.'" Ruth hysterically snaps, she doesn't want to be taken. Elena puts her hand on Ruth's cheek to calm down her sister, who's eyes had begun to cloud over with tears. "I don't want to die, Elena."

"I know, Rue, neither do I. But if we don't do this, everyone we love will die." Ruth's head falls onto her sister's chest and cries. Elena rubs her back. Ruth then gets up and runs to the toilet to wash her face. Ruth is sat looking at herself in the mirror.