"Eventhough I agree, they are just trying to protect us, it's what friends do 'Lena. Loosen up on them, this will be stressful on them too." Elena exhales and then looks to Rose.

"Rose had proven that she couldn't care less whether we're protected or not. So, we're back to you taking us to Slater." Rose sits down next to Ruth and looks to the two sisters with an unknown look in her brown eyes.

"What exactly do you two hope to achieve by this?" Ruth shrugs, this was all Elena's idea.

"How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?" Ruth looks to Rose's fingers, and then pulls a face. That must suck not being able to go out during the day.

"I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?"

"I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal." Elena bargains, Rose goes all in.

They're sat in Rose's car in an underground parking area. They get out and walk up the stairs to Slater's apartment. Rose knocks on the door, while Ruth and Elena stand a little behind the girl. "Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" After a few moments of silence, Rose looks over to them. "He's not home. Sorry." Ruth laughs.

"I did not sit in a long car ride, next to Elena might I add, to come here for nothing." Elena lets out an offended noise behind her. Ruth then sighs and mutters. "Okay sitting next to Elena wasn't that bad." Elena smiles, and the kicks her sister in the back of her leg.

"Next time, Ruth, you can sit on the floor." Ruth looks to Elena and pouts, who just looks to Rose and motions to the door. Rose then smirks at the sister's banter, then opens the door with her vampire strength. Rose gestures for them to go into the room.

"After you." Ruth and Elena walk in, Rose follows suit. She then walks father in and calls out. "Slater?" Rose walks to the back of the apartment and looks through a doorway. Her face falls. "I don't think he's gonna be much help."

The two sisters rush over to where Rose is stood and gasp at Slater's dead body. Rose walks over to the dead body and begins to drag it away; Ruth walks over and helps. Rose smiles in thanks. Elena goes over to the man's desk and looks at all the paper.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information. Ruth and Rose walk over to Elena and watches Elena shuffle through the papers.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass." Rose walks away as Ruth and Elena look at a photo that was on his desk. Rose walks over to a set of windows and grips the curtain and pulls it back. Illuminating the room in light.

"What are you...?" Ruth trails off.

"Tempered glass. U.V. rays can't penetrate." That's pretty cool. "I used to just come here and watch the day."

"Sorry about Slater, Rose." Ruth says to the girl. She just sighs and looks to the girls and questions.

"Any luck?" Elena goes to log into one of the computers but realises she can't.

"It's password protected. I can't get in."

"No, this is fine. Let's just go." They hear a doorknob rattle and Ruth jumps. Rose looks to them and sternly commands. "Stay here." Rose goes to a set of doors and peers into the hallway. "Alice?"

"Rose!" A feminine voice is heard, the two sisters look to each other in question. They hear the girl, Alice, cry. They then see someone wrap their arms around Rose and sob. "He's dead!"