Chapter 11

After Paul's little long distance prank I knew I needed to visit my father and sister. I hadn't seen them since December when I went back to Forks on my own for the holidays. It had been awful being so far from Nessie for that long so for this visit I asked her to join me. I figured a four day trip would suffice. One day of travel each way, and we'd get two days to catch up with my family.

I'd spoken with Rachel on the phone after Paul pretended to spill the beans on my big news. Turns out he just took Rachel's cell out of her purse and sent the message to me without her knowing. Needless to say Rach was a little surprised to hear from me the following morning.

"Jacob? Why are you calling me at… 8:30 in the morning?" she said, her voice still groggy with sleep.

"Geeze, sis. I thought you'd be dying for all the details about your little brother getting engaged but maybe I should have called Rebecca first" I teased.

"What! Jacob, are you serious? You proposed to Nessie? Oh my God, congratulations little brother!"

"Damnit Paul! He really didn't tell you last night? That son of a bitch." What did I ever do to him? Seriously... I could hear Rachel laughing on the other end of the phone.

"Don't be mad Jake, you know how Paul is."

"Whatever. Just don't tell anyone else, okay? I'm gonna come see you and dad. I owe him a visit anyway, and then I can tell him in person."

"Okay, okay, I won't ruin the surprise. Now, tell me everything! Please?"

A few days later, Ness and I were hanging out at my apartment planning the trip and trying to get some studying in. Or at least that had been the plan when she came over after school. I had a midterm in my American History course that I needed to ace in order to keep up my GPA. Nessie had a paper due the day we would get home so she wanted to have it written before we left. We decided to leave on a Friday and return home on Monday. I didn't have classes Fridays and Ness was so far ahead of her classmates that missing two days wouldn't put her behind. I was expecting Edward to put up a little more of a fight about us going away together but I suppose he knew we'd be sleeping at Billy's house and be busy visiting Charlie, Sam and Emily, Quil, Embry, and on and on.

Ness was just lying there on my sofa, feet crossed at the ankle, doing her homework. I was lounging in a chair across the room trying to focus on the chapter in my text detailing the American Experiment. I looked up from my book to see her staring at me. I smirked and shifted my eyes back to my work. If she wanted something from me she'd have to come and get it. Edward never did say anything about how far Ness and I had gone last weekend. I didn't want to push my luck, what with him taking the engagement so well. Ness saw it as an opportunity to push our boundaries some more. It's really to my credit I made it as long as I did, four whole days, considering the sexy little skirt she had on.

Alice had gone shopping again and bought her some new clothes for the trip. Ness knew this was our last chance at alone time before we left for Forks and I knew there wasn't any paper writing going on over there. I took another peek at her with a smile on my face knowing when my eyes reached hers they'd still be fixed on me. She didn't disappoint.

"How's that paper coming, Miss Cullen?" I teased in my husky voice.

"Just fine" she answered before standing and gracefully gliding over to my side. She collapsed to her knees at my feet and wasted no time ripping the book out of my lap.