Money Killers

Warning: talks of killing. Gun.

Words 1366

ಠ_ಠ

Tyler straightened his tie as he shifted uncomfortably in the stylish chair. He looked around in the dimly lit room, soft chattering being heard over the soft fancy instrumental playing on low.

His eyes kept fidgeting to the entrance, waiting for her elegant feature to appear.

"Alright, so have dinner with her. Get on her good side. And then follow through with the plan." Josh's voice echoed through Tyler's ears, and Tyler's ears only.

He looked down at his watch, raising it up to his mouth as casually as possible. "I know. Stop talking." He replied quickly.

Tyler glanced up as the target walked in. Her fancy tight red dress showed off her curves perfectly and Tyler couldn't help but stare.

The woman snaked her way to her seat in front him, oblivious to his slightly parted lips and focused eyes.

"Sorry I'm late." She soothed, her voice like honey. She tucked a piece of her light blonde curled hair out of her face, as she looked up at Tyler.

A smile grew on her face. "Oh my gosh! I was worried you were going to be one of those catfishers I'm so glad you put your actual photo on your profile."

Tyler shook himself out of his daze, and smiled softly. "Yeah, I don't like when people do that. You look more beautiful in person, Mia."

Mia blushed, and looked down at her menu. "Good one. Telling her she's beautiful- ha!" Tyler heard in his ear, and he cringed. It wasn't a lie.

"So, what do you think you're getting?" Tyler glanced up, and Mia shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know, probably the lasagna." She reached up and messed with her expensive pearl necklace, Tyler sighed.

He had to kill this woman. All for the jewels. He wasn't going to lie to himself, killing her was tempting, but she herself was more tempting.

Mia's father owned half of the city's buildings, making him the one of the richest people in the city. Tyler and Josh, being thieves, felt like it was a perfect opportunity to 'roll in money' if they wooed his daughter.

They thought about holding her for ransom but they've seen to many movies end badly to consider it for to long. Plus, Tyler was relieved. He didn't know if he could listen to this girl's pleads without giving in. It was smarter to just end her life quick and simple.

"Will you tell me about your family?" Mia asked suddenly, lifting her head to see Tyler staring back at her. She was used to people's stares, and for some reason wasn't bothered by Tyler's. It made her feel warm inside.

"Well, my family still lives in Ohio, but we stay in touch." He shrugged. "Not much of an interesting story there." He chuckled dryly.

"Ask her about her dad!" Josh requested.

"So what about you? How about your family?"

Mia's smile vanished, and she hung her head. "My parents are getting a divorce."

Tyler's eyes went wide in shock. "Why?"

"Well, my dad is like really rich and stuff—"

"Oh we know" Josh chuckled.

"—And my mom says she doesn't see him much anymore, and doesn't feel the same way anymore." Mia messed with the table cloth. "She said that now that I'm an adult she doesn't have to stick around, so she's moving to California."