When Sonic was There

Start from the beginning

" It's okay... I'm just not used to people trying to talk to me... I'm Silver, and how did you get here without me noticing? "

Curiosity filled amber eyes as the strange blue hedgehog gives a quiet chuckle before holding his hand out in a friendly gesture.

" I'm Sonic, and I'm the fastest thing alive! "

His attitude was somewhat cocky, but it was genuine, no deceiving that Silver could pick up with his flickering ears. So, with a smile, the hedgehog knew he could trust Sonic.

" Oh wow, really? "

The blue hedgehog nods, as the silver hedgehog hums as whistles. Sonic looks over to Silver as the younger hedgehog points to a nearby hill.

" Well then, I want to see this for myself. I want you to run over to that hill over there. "

Sonic smirks as he sets down the black rose down.

" How about a race? I saw you use your power earlier, I think that's pretty amazing. "

Silver blushed at Sonic's compliment before smiling. For the first time in a while, the silver hedgehog was genuinely happy. Maybe Blaze was watching over him and smiling upon seeing his new friend.

" You're on! "

And so, the two race to the nearby grassy hill. Exhausted, two laid on the ground together and acting as if they knew each other for years. Sonic's eyes were closed as Silver looked upon the clouds. He's never seen puffy white clouds before, this was new to his present. But he doesn't mind, after all, it was a nice change in scenery.

" You know, you're pretty cool, Sonic. "

Opening one eye, the blue hedgehog smiles at Silver.

" Yeah... I get that a lot but I think you're pretty cool too, Silvs. "

Sitting up, it somewhat startled Sonic as the younger one looks down upon the resting hedgehog.

" I know we just met and all, but I feel like I can tell you all my problems. "

Sonic sits up, as he looks over to the younger one and gently puts his gloved hand over Silver's marked one.

" Well? If you want to tell me your problems... you can always trust me. I honestly feel the same. "

Amber eyes met emerald ones before looking up to the sky.

" Sonic... Have you ever lost someone really important to you? Like a friend who sacrificed their life to save yours so you can live on and explore the world? "

Blinking, the blue hedgehog stared at Silver, not responding as his face was blank. That was before he joined in on looking up at the beautiful sky as the breeze started to pick up again.

" I never experienced it myself, but I do know someone who has. "

Silver looks over to Sonic, as he continues to speak.

" His best friend, his sister, the person he was supposed to help not be ill anymore had sacrificed her life so he could go to a planet she wanted to go to. To live on in her memory as he protected the planet. He was in a deep stasis sleeping for 50 years. And after he woke up, and retained his memories because he had amnesia, he realized that someone was already protecting the planet. Me. Now he's my acquaintance but he was my rival at one point. His name was Shadow, you kinda remind me of him except if he did talk about his problems. "

The blue hedgehog snickers as the silver one looked at him confusingly.

" Wait, if you were supposed to protect the world, then how come... "